1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    23 Apr '16 18:21
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/heavy-teen-marijuana-use-may-cut-life-short-by-60/

The study looked at teenagers who had used marijuana more than 50 times.

Heavy dose means teenagers who use marijuana more than 50 times? I'm absolutely sure that everyone I knew growing up who smoked dope did it more than 50 times. They would get high at least once a week and that was in Jr. High.

And they try to say that smoking marijuana is not big deal.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Apr '16 18:22
    Originally posted by Eladar

[b]The study looked at teenagers who had used marijuana more than 50 times.

Heavy dose means teenagers who use marijuana more than 50 times? I'm absolutely sure that everyone I knew growing up who smoked dope did it more than 50 times. They would get high at least once a week and that was in Jr. High.

And they try to say that smoking marijuana is not big deal.[/b]
    Hence the support of Bernie Sanders with the newer generation.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 09:15

Do you think having a beer is a big deal?
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 14:45
    I know of people who developed schizophrenia after Marijuana use. I don't know if it was the cause, but I believe studies show it is a risk factor.

I also had a friend as a teenager who started smoking something (I presume it was Marijuana) and seemed to go completely nuts after that.

Other people claim to have used it for years with no ill effects (that they noticed).

My feeling is that it is about as bad as alcohol or tobacco and should be treated like tobacco ie not illegal, but heavily taxed and smokers shunned. I think alcohol should go the same way as tobacco.
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 16:43

The article also talks about a number of confounders in the analysis (association with tobacco, poor life styles, etc.). You'd have to show that the poor life style was not the cause of the heavy cannabis use rather than the other way round. Given the complete disaster alcohol can be all this article does is present the age old argument in favour of moderation in all things.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 16:55
    Marijuana can trigger psychosis if a person is genetically predisposed to it.

Other than that it's harmless. It may even suppress cancer.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 16:573 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Other than that it's harmless. It may even suppress cancer.
    Better to say 'relatively harmless'. Nothing is ever totally harmless and smoking is almost certainly bad for you lungs whatever it is you smoke. There is also evidence that it is not good for your IQ.

It also has well known medical uses.

Webmd lists many beneficial uses as well as negative side effects.
    http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-947-marijuana.aspx?activeingredientid=947&activeingredientname=marijuana
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 17:031 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Better to say 'relatively harmless'. Nothing is ever totally harmless and smoking is almost certainly bad for you lungs whatever it is you smoke. There is also evidence that it is not good for your IQ.

It also has well known medical uses.
    Marijuana is as dangerous as fried chicken. 🙄
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 17:05
    [bThere is also evidence that it is not good for your IQ.[/b]
    That must be why I'm so stupid 😞
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 18:59
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Marijuana is as dangerous as fried chicken. 🙄
    So, pretty dangerous.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 19:28
    http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders/cannabis.aspx

Not that libtard pot heads are willing to look at the truth.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 20:12
    http://www.rcpsych.ac.uk/healthadvice/problemsdisorders/cannabis.aspx

If you have a point, rather than the trivial and uncontested "using too much marijuana is bad for you," make it.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 20:26
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    If you have a point, rather than the trivial and uncontested "using too much marijuana is bad for you," make it.
    Evidently 50 times is too much.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 21:101 edit
    What does 'libtard' have to do with pot? I always thought it was mostly a vice of conservatives. Certainly conservatives don't like being told what they can or cannot do because of its health risks and nothing says raw capitalism quite like the drug trade.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 Apr '16 21:15
    What does 'libtard' have to do with pot? I always thought it was mostly a vice of conservatives. Certainly conservatives don't like being told what they can or cannot do because of its health risks and nothing says raw capitalism quite like the drug trade.
    In the US the acceptance of Marijuana is among the social liberals.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree