1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 20:54
    Recently Hillary has been giving interviews without wearing any makeup.

What are we to make of this? From a feminist perspective, is Hillary making a statement? Is she waging war on the male dominated society that oppresses women around the globe by making them buy and then apply makeup on a daily basis?
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 20:56
    We can make of it that Whodey is so obsessed with attacking Hillary he cannot stop even though the election is over. Or are you scared the recount will uncover major fraud?
  3. RSA
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 21:43
    Originally posted by whodey

What are we to make of this? From a feminist perspective, is Hillary making a statement? Is she waging war on the male dominated society that oppresses women around the globe by making them buy and then apply makeup on a daily basis?
    I think the simple reason is that she doesn't have to try and impress anymore. Not saying you need makeup to impress but I think she doesn't feel the need personally to try and look and her best because the campaign is over.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    28 Nov '16 21:47
    I have never in my life noticed when a woman is not wearing make-up. I sometimes notice if she is wearing it, but never has the fact that a woman isn't wearing any ever registered in my mind.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 06:122 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 06:55
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Is there no male employment that requires men to wear make-up?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 06:571 edit
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Is there no male employment that requires men to wear make-up?
    I am sure the movie industry does. And clowns.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 07:06

9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 07:171 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    As usual duchess misses the point.

It's either Ok, or it's not Ok, it doesn't matter that 1 or 1000 men are required to wear make-up, it doesn't matter if 1 or 1000 women are required to wear make-up.

The solution is of course is that employers set terms and conditions for their employees. On the other side employees personally set terms and conditions as a pre-requisite for offering their services. If the two parties agree they commence to trade value for value. To be fair duchess never said she was either for or against this occuring, perhaps she was just making a public service anouncment, or more likely her fancy was being tickled by the clatter of her own keyboard.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 09:00
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    It's either Ok, or it's not Ok, it doesn't matter that 1 or 1000 men are required to wear make-up, it doesn't matter if 1 or 1000 women are required to wear make-up.
    Actually it does matter, as a difference in numbers suggests discrimination by sex. The question is whether or not discrimination by sex is reasonable. I would say that in some situations, including dress code, it is perfectly reasonable. I am fairly sure that if women were required to wear suit and ties, they would not be so pleased.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 11:131 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Actually it does matter, as a difference in numbers suggests discrimination by sex. The question is whether or not discrimination by sex is reasonable. I would say that in some situations, including dress code, it is perfectly reasonable. I am fairly sure that if women were required to wear suit and ties, they would not be so pleased.
    Aww boohoo the discrimination, the discrimination. What about work places that have a code regarding facial hair? Sure some women can grow a pretty good mo, but the numbers hoohooohooo the numbers.

Another analogy for you, it's found that a disproportinate percentage of people with larger than average ears are having their homes burgled.

It means what? discrimination? So what, the point is; people regardless of the size of their ears are having their property messed with.

Back to the make-up requirement if you're opposed to it you need to be opposed to it regardless of sex or the rationale behind the condition.

So actually beginning your post with "Actually" does not actually power up your post with extra truth points.
  12. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 15:47
    Originally posted by whodey

Why mention this when Trump is about to betray us with Patreaus?
  13. Germany
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 15:57
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Why mention this when Trump is about to betray us with Patreaus?
    This Petraeus thing is absolutely hilarious.

Lock her up! Lock her up! [...] Nah, actually she's fine, just let it be. [...] Well, why not hire someone who did something much worse than Clinton and got convicted for it?

Poor Donny. Trying so hard to get taken seriously, and then when he thinks the world must take him seriously because he's the President of the United States, he just keeps on making a bigger fool of himself.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Nov '16 20:00

15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    30 Nov '16 04:172 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    We can make of it that Whodey is so obsessed with attacking Hillary he cannot stop even though the election is over. Or are you scared the recount will uncover major fraud?
    Your misogynist response is duly noted.

I would hate to feel as though I had to wear makeup all day, let alone buy it.

I actually prefer women without makeup.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree