1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 15:231 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow I dared not believe it but its true.
    Starting to see just what the Democrats are "on about" now?

Funny how as people get older and presumably more wealthy, they become Republicans, but when people get smarter, they become Democrats.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 20:201 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Starting to see just what the Democrats are "on about" now?

Funny how as people get older and presumably more wealthy, they become Republicans, but when people get smarter, they become Democrats.
    Actually no, The Democrats were simply just wolves in sheeps clothing. Whether Republicans are more upfront about their pandering to the rich and powerful I don't know but the Democrats under Hillary were pretending to be 'in it together' and lots of other quite frankly insulting rhetoric. As far as I could tell they were equally corrupt if not more so, especially the Clinton's.

I find the idea that you can pay certain agents to lobby on your behalf to influence the democratic process very worrying. If that is not corruption then what is it?
  3. Germany
    Moves
    30 Mar '17 20:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Actually no, The Democrats were simply just wolves in sheeps clothing. Whether Republicans are more upfront about their pandering to the rich and powerful I don't know but the Democrats under Hillary were pretending to be 'in it together' and lots of other quite frankly insulting rhetoric. As far as I could tell they were equally corrupt if not mor ...[text shortened]... lf to influence the democratic process very worrying. If that is not corruption then what is it?
    According to the U.S. Supreme Court, it's free speech.

According to the rest of the world, it's lobbying and/or bribery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree