1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 15:573 edits
    http://www.cnbc.com/2017/03/27/us-markets.html

The markets are in free fall after Trumpcare fell through the cracks. With the looming collapse of Obamacare on the horizon, as well as the entire Trump regime presumably a lame duck before ever stepping in office with both parties poised to torpedo him, it looks like the country is on the verge of a major economic collapse.

Cheers! That should give Dims some votes in 2020 and put a smile on everyone who hates the United States! 😵
  2. Germany
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:02
    Whoa there whodey! Don't swallow your daily dose of turd-polishing, blame-shifting propaganda too gluttonously now. You might choke in it and have to consider the possibility that voting idiots into government office tends to lead to sub-optimal governance.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    .... it looks like the country is on the verge of a major economic collapse.
    That is the problem with having an economy founded on nothing more than opinion polls.

Now back to reality. The US economy won't collapse. It might take a hit if the republicans successfully carry out tax reform - or it might pick up, depending on what they do. You can actually help the economy by harming the poor.
    But given the healthcare fiasco, I expect tax reform will be either a slow laborious process or another laughable failure.
  4. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:271 edit

The markets are in free fall after Trumpcare fell through the cracks. With the looming collapse of Obamacare on the horizon, as well as the entire Trump regime presumably a lame duck before ever stepping in office with both parties poised to torpedo him, it looks like the country is on the verge of a major ec ...[text shortened]... should give Dims some votes in 2020 and put a smile on everyone who hates the United States! 😵
    With the looming collapse of Obamacare on the horizon...

You'll have a long wait on that one little Whoders, Just because Mr. Trumpster says Obamacare is collapsing, dosen't make it so, and please explain to us why all these economic collapse's happen on the Republicans watch, just another coincidence?? D😀😀
  5. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 16:29

The markets are in free fall after Trumpcare fell through the cracks. With the looming collapse of Obamacare on the horizon, as well as the entire Trump regime presumably a lame duck before ever stepping in office with both parties poised to torpedo him, it looks like the country is on the verge of a major ec ...[text shortened]... should give Dims some votes in 2020 and put a smile on everyone who hates the United States! 😵
    Oh, please!
    Stop being such a drama queen.

We don't hate the US.
    We think hate your foreign interventions and we think you're retarded. But hate a whole country??? Bizarre.

As for Trump: I told you way in advance that the nutter would rip you a second poop-chute.
    And I also told you I'd be laughing all day every day...

All true.
    I must be related to Nostradamus or something.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 18:44

"Stocks mixed as Wall Street weighs tax reform prospects; Nasdaq erases 1% loss"

One should wait at least a few hours before going all Chicken Littleish about swings in the stock markets.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the markets dropped a bit after the Trumpcare failure as the bill would have removed a tax on "investment income", including from stocks, for those making over $250,000. If the expectations that this tax would be repealed and that the flow of income from stocks would thus be greater were priced into the markets then that will have to be discounted.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 18:50

The CBO disagrees with the claims that the ACA system will "collapse" or "explode":

The subsidies to purchase coverage combined with the penalties paid by uninsured people stemming from the individual mandate are anticipated to cause sufficient demand for insurance by people with low health care expenditures for the market to be stable.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52486
  8. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 18:52
    They can change subtle rules to make it implode.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 19:08
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    They can change subtle rules to make it implode.
    Undoubtedly the HHS Secretary could change some rules that would make destabilization of the market more likely. But I fail to see the upside for the Administration if they do so; they'll get the blame for doing so and it will cause a lot of big US business in the healthcare and insurance industries to lose money.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 19:281 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The CBO disagrees with the claims that the ACA system will "collapse" or "explode":

The subsidies to purchase coverage combined with the penalties paid by uninsured people stemming from the individual mandate are anticipated to cause sufficient demand for insurance by people with low health care expenditures for the market to be stable.

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/52486
    When they can just print money out of thin air, technically it will never collapse, unless the economy takes a dive because of all the debt. However, if $20 trillion plus does not cause it, what will? Maybe they can go another $20 trillion in debt or higher.

It's all voodoo economics to me.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 19:531 edit
    "Stocks mixed as Wall Street weighs tax reform prospects; Nasdaq erases 1% loss"

One should wait at least a few hours before going all Chicken Littleish about swings in the stock markets.

That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the markets dropped a bit after the Trumpcare failure as the bill would have removed a tax on "investment income", including ...[text shortened]... stocks would thus be greater were priced into the markets then that will have to be discounted.
    Do I understand you correctly that one of the ideas behind Trumpcare was to repeal certain aspects of Obamacare to essentially 'pay for', tax relief for rich people that don't really need it anyway.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:01
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Do I understand you correctly that one of the ideas behind Trumpcare was to repeal certain aspects of Obamacare to essentially 'pay for', tax relief for rich people that don't really need it anyway.
    Or you could say that cutting health care for poor people would "save" enough money to "pay" for a nice tax cut for the wealthy. Actually according to CBO estimates, screwing 24 million people out of health insurance would more than pay for the tax cuts.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:02
    When they can just print money out of thin air, technically it will never collapse, unless the economy takes a dive because of all the debt. However, if $20 trillion plus does not cause it, what will? Maybe they can go another $20 trillion in debt or higher.

It's all voodoo economics to me.
    You do realize the ACA as presently constituted with the taxes in place actually reduces the deficit?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:04
    Good news for Trump haters...
    I thought you were got to tell us he had resigned.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:10
    Or you could say that cutting health care for poor people would "save" enough money to "pay" for a nice tax cut for the wealthy. Actually according to CBO estimates, screwing 24 million people out of health insurance would more than pay for the tax cuts.
    wow I dared not believe it but its true.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree