1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 May '17 17:365 edits
    Woops! The doomsday vault, that holds the world's seeds that will be needed once Progs destroy the world and it's pesky large population that they abhor, has flooded

Apparently the permafrost in the Artic that is melting caused the flood and they "did not see that coming".

Hilarious.

Not to worry elitists, you and your children hidden in bunkers still have the seeds. The flood was not great enough to destroy them.

Happy days! 😵

https://www.yahoo.com/news/doomsday-vault-arctic-fails-escape-081034974.html
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '17 18:11
    Originally posted by whodey
    Woops! The doomsday vault, that holds the world's seeds that will be needed once Progs destroy the world and it's pesky large population that they abhor, has flooded

Apparently the permafrost in the Artic that is melting caused the flood and they "did not see that coming".

Hilarious.

Not to worry elitists, you and your children hidden in bunkers s ...[text shortened]...
    Happy days! 😵

Hilarious. You figure it is just a game to store millions of seeds in case a big crunch hits? Our future may depend on it. Anyway, there are more than just one seed bank.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 May '17 18:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Hilarious. You figure it is just a game to store millions of seeds in case a big crunch hits? Our future may depend on it. Anyway, there are more than just one seed bank.
    Our future? You mean the fat cats who one the vault.
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '17 18:14
    English not your primary language? I have no idea what you just said.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 May '17 18:162 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Only the people who own the vaults will be "saved".

It was smart to put the vault in a location where no one lives or can get to very easily

instead, the masterminds will determine who lives and dies.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 May '17 18:22

It was smart to put the vault in a location where no one lives or can get to very easily

No, a bad change in climate will do that quite nicely, no masterminds needed, just the result of humans not being as intelligent as they were cracked up to be.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    21 May '17 18:25

The nefarious masterminds of Norway, well-known for their thunderously echoing laughter emanating from eerie heights atop their spires.
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 May '17 23:50

Hilarious.

Not to worry elitists, you and your children hidden in bunkers s ...[text shortened]...
    Happy days! 😵

So, people who want to grow food to feed others are now "elitists??" At first I thought you were just silly, now I think you're a retard!
  9. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    21 May '17 23:58
    Originally posted by mchill
    So, people who want to grow food to feed others are now "elitists??" At first I thought you were just silly, now I think you're a retard!
    I think this must be for the survivors of a global catastrophe.

Only the rich will survive.
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 May '17 05:05

replace "one" with "own" and you are there. ( think as a non-native speaker)
  11. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    22 May '17 10:44
    Originally posted by Ponderable

replace "one" with "own" and you are there. ( think as a non-native speaker)
    I now looked up the Event.

No seeds were harmed, but scientist have to reevaluate the stability of the storage.

And it doesn't belong to any "fat cat"
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 May '17 12:36
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    I now looked up the Event.

No seeds were harmed, but scientist have to reevaluate the stability of the storage.

And it doesn't belong to any "fat cat"
    It certainly does in the paranoid fantasy of the woody.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree