1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 May '17 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    It also destroys that poppycock about the moon being self illuminating.
    That's an actual flat-earth belief? Wow.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '17 16:17
    Originally posted by vivify
    That's an actual flat-earth belief? Wow.
    I don't get it either but that is some of the poppycock they have come up with. I posted video's showing Earthshine on the moon during one of its phases but that is ignored also.

The amount of utter BS is staggering from those dudes.

Let's see. First off, humans have such an incredibly special significants to the gods that we get our own universe with Earth as the absolute center.

So the entire universe spins around Earth.

So, knowing a smidgen of physics the Earth CANNOT EVER be spinning, too easy to show that one.

So a non-spinning Earth in spite of experiments done 400 years ago, like Foucault's Pendulum, all fake or whatever.

Since they can't have a picture of the whole of Antarctica, that causes them to say NASA ALWAYS LIES. No moonlandings, no such thing as satellites.

GPS is run by ground stations, I pointed out they work just fine in the middle of the Pacific ocean but that goes over their heads.

I pointed out that TV sat dishes HAVE to be pointing UP so what are they pointing to?Balloons high in the sky? Even though the dishes are permenantly mounted and seldom need readjusting.

So you can't see beyond 30 or 40 miles due to 'density'.
    I presume density of atmosphere. But I showed views from mountains as low as 1 mile high and see objects clearly for a hundred miles or more.

The sun and moon are only a few thousand miles above the Earth. The moon is self illuminating having nothing to do with the sun which is about 50 miles in diameter and the moon about 30.

I pointed out that if the moon was only a couple thou out people on one side of this flat Earth would see one side of the moon but people 10,000 miles away would see the BACKSIDE. Also ignored.

The BS just gets deeper and deeper. and Freak won't even BEGIN to answer those refutaions being obsessed with why he can see buildings across the water where he lives in Michigan.

He just goes, answer MY question and then I will answer yours;
    So I answer to the best of my ability but he moves the goalpost and just takes that as a non-response. So it just goes into a big loop from that point on.
  3. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    23 May '17 18:00
    I don't get it either but that is some of the poppycock they have come up with. I posted video's showing Earthshine on the moon during one of its phases but that is ignored also.

The amount of utter BS is staggering from those dudes.

Let's see. First off, humans have such an incredibly special significants to the gods that we get our own universe with ...[text shortened]... lpost and just takes that as a non-response. So it just goes into a big loop from that point on.
    TIL: Cleveland moved to Michigan.

First, they give away the Browns, now, they give away my beloved city.

Talk about your all-time losers...
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    23 May '17 22:01
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    TIL: Cleveland moved to Michigan.

First, they give away the Browns, now, they give away my beloved city.

Talk about your all-time losers...
    Wow, what a refutation my claim. If I am wrong about the aluminum foil cap set, show me where my analysis is wrong. The sun is NOT 3000 miles up and 50 miles across, the Moon is NOT self illuminating?
  5. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 May '17 02:12
    Wow, what a refutation my claim. If I am wrong about the aluminum foil cap set, show me where my analysis is wrong. The sun is NOT 3000 miles up and 50 miles across, the Moon is NOT self illuminating?
    I believe the topic of conversation was the video which described and then recorded several distant objects and the complete contradiction their observation created with respect to a round, pear-shaped earth.

Did you have something on this topic?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '17 04:191 edit
    I believe the topic of conversation was the video which described and then recorded several distant objects and the complete contradiction their observation created with respect to a round, pear-shaped earth.

Did you have something on this topic?
    So which is it, round or pear-shaped?

News Flash: Pears aren't round. They're... wait for it... pear-shaped.
  7. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 May '17 04:21
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So which is it, round or pear-shaped?

News Flash: Pears aren't round.
    Tell that to Neil DGT, sister.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '17 04:31
    Math which agrees.
    Visual confirmation which does not rely on filters or alterations.
    Moon phases which agree with the position of all three bodies.
    Complete access to Antartica.
    Compasses which agree with the curve.

I'm sure there's a few more, but that's a good start.
    Well, we have all five.

It's your indoctrination that keeps you from admitting or even seeing it. Your frankly insufficient knowledge of physics also doesn't help because you take absurd notions as givens. I'd say go back to school and take some science classes, but your insistence on staying comforted by your ignorance is just too satisfying for you to give up, even in the plain face of reality.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '17 04:34
    Produce the video.

I don't believe he would ever say something so stupid.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '17 11:38
    You should watch more of Neil, you might, I say, MIGHT, learn something. But I doubt it. You already know everything.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 May '17 14:30
    Produce the video.

I don't believe he would ever say something so stupid.
    Don't tell me, let me guess: I'm lying, right?
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 May '17 14:35
    Well, we have all five.

It's your indoctrination that keeps you from admitting or even seeing it. Your frankly insufficient knowledge of physics also doesn't help because you take absurd notions as givens. I'd say go back to school and take some science classes, but your insistence on staying comforted by your ignorance is just too satisfying for you to give up, even in the plain face of reality.
    We have all five, and yet right out of the gate, Math Which Agrees, we stumble over the starting block.

Case in point: Exhbit A, this thread.

Here is yet another example in a string of countless examples of the math expected on a spherical planet not being borne out with measurable reality.

That's what this thread is all about: we expect to have loss between us and distant objects, but the loss isn't there.
    But instead of relying on my wholly unreliable analysis, I encourage you to read it for yourself to get up to speed.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '17 16:45
    We have all five, and yet right out of the gate, Math Which Agrees, we stumble over the starting block.

Case in point: Exhbit A, this thread.

Here is yet another example in a string of countless examples of the math expected on a spherical planet not being borne out with measurable reality.

That's what this thread is all about: we expect to have l ...[text shortened]... ng on my wholly unreliable analysis, I encourage you to read it for yourself to get up to speed.
    You have to know the math for horizons is only perfect on an AIRLESS WORLD. Like the moon. The math there would work EXACTLY because no air would modify the horizon issue. Here on Earth, the atmosphere blows the math away and makes it unreliable. Even YOU have to admit that.

And the compass issue, just exactly what do you mean by compass not pointing in the right direction anyway. Tell us what you are talking about because we are not telepathic. What are you on about anyway? Tell us how it aids your flat earth theory.

Can you really be so absolutely stupid as to believe the sun is 10 miles up, even after I showed you the implications of the inverse square law? That is real, a spherical object emitting light obeys the inverse square law and THAT is a a fact jack. So tell me again how you can even THINK the sun is that low in the atmosphere and why wouldn't the air itself be hotter than hell around it leading to major windstorms at the very least.

It's bad enough for flat earthers to say the sun is a few thousand miles up but in the atmosphere of Earth? Come on, get real.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 May '17 17:09
    You have to know the math for horizons is only perfect on an AIRLESS WORLD. Like the moon. The math there would work EXACTLY because no air would modify the horizon issue. Here on Earth, the atmosphere blows the math away and makes it unreliable. Even YOU have to admit that.

And the compass issue, just exactly what do you mean by compass not pointing in ...[text shortened]... ers to say the sun is a few thousand miles up but in the atmosphere of Earth? Come on, get real.
    Oh, dear.
    You’re back on the math?
    Again?
    After finally acknowledging that the formula used to determine the loss due to curvature is the same one employed by both sides of the issue?
    You’re seriously going back after the math?
    And to top it off, you’re going to try to trot out something you know literally nothing about--- demonstrably nothing about?
    If you wish to go down this path for another round, you will have to provide some support for your new and improved numbers for the loss due to curvature.

And the compass issue, just exactly what do you mean by compass not pointing in the right direction anyway. Tell us what you are talking about because we are not telepathic. What are you on about anyway? Tell us how it aids your flat earth theory.
    The closest path to the magnetic north is not always going to be over the surface of the ground.

Can you really be so absolutely stupid as to believe the sun is 10 miles up, even after I showed you the implications of the inverse square law?
    I honestly don’t remember any claim about the sun being ten miles above the earth.
    I have def made the claim that the sun is much closer than we are told, however.

It's bad enough for flat earthers to say the sun is a few thousand miles up but in the atmosphere of Earth? Come on, get real.
    I’m all ears.
    Essplain how this picture--- with the clouds described--- is possible.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 May '17 17:55
    [b]You have to know the math for horizons is only perfect on an AIRLESS WORLD. Like the moon. The math there would work EXACTLY because no air would modify the horizon issue. Here on Earth, the atmosphere blows the math away and makes it unreliable. Even YOU have to admit that.
    Oh, dear.
    You’re back on the math?
    Again?
    After finally acknowledging t ...[text shortened]... real.[/b]
    I’m all ears.
    Essplain how this picture--- with the clouds described--- is possible.[/b]
    It doesn't matter how close Flats think the sun is, if you think shadows upside down are because of a close sun it HAS to be under the clouds. Is there something you don't understand about that? And we are back to now airline pilots are in on the big conspiracy also. You just say you don't Know how close the sun is just closer than real people think but you can't even admit your completely bonker idea it would HAVE to be inside the atmosphere to do what you see in that photo. How many OTHER instances of that happening have you ever seen? I ask you again to give me a straight answer, why don't airline pilots see the sun maybe right in front of them or even below?

Why can't you use your brain to think through such ridiculous situations?

The magnetic field of Earth is parallel to the ground close in which is why a compass doesn't try to go downwards or upwards. Again a stupid argument a course in simple physics would dispell but that would require doing actual schoolwork and THAT you cannot stomach for fear of actually dispelling your favorite close to the chest held fantasies.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree