1. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 23:23
    Along with Willie McCovey, my favorite baseball player when I was a child.

Expect lots of whining about the Manning commutation. Expect it to bring out the transphobia for awhile.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/politics/obama-commutes-bulk-of-chelsea-mannings-sentence.html?_r=0
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Jan '17 23:33
    Originally posted by Kunsoo

Expect lots of whining about the Manning commutation. Expect it to bring out the transphobia for awhile.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/17/us/politics/obama-commutes-bulk-of-chelsea-mannings-sentence.html?_r=0
    The dude looks like a lady, what do you expect?
  3. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 00:461 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    The dude looks like a lady, what do you expect?
    35 years sentence was pretty brutal whatever the Bible says about sexual politics among sheep farmers in the less well developed provinces of the Assyrian Empire.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 00:592 edits

Sure, Manning gave away top secret state information to Wiki Leaks, but Manning is a transgender, so..........looks like he....er...um....she will walk.

I hear Snowden is now considering the transition as well. (wink, wink)
  5. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 01:22
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sure, Manning gave away top secret state information to Wiki Leaks, but Manning is a transgender, so..........looks like he....er...um....she will walk.

I hear Snowden is now considering the transition as well. (wink, wink)
    I don't know what you mean by "give away." She revealed to the public that Iraqi abd Afghani innocents were murdered from the air. That Guantanamo detainees were being mistreated. That we were spying on allies and harmless public figures. Other things the public have the right to know and should.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 01:242 edits
    I don't know what you mean by "give away." She revealed to the public that Iraqi abd Afghani innocents were murdered from the air. That Guantanamo detainees were being mistreated. That we were spying on allies and harmless public figures. Other things the public have the right to know and should.
    Like e-mails leaked that Hillary was given debate questions and such?

Is that fair game as well?

Let me guess, that was just plain wrong, right?
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 01:351 edit

Right wing hypocrisy rears its usual empty head.

The leak to Wikileaks of DNC e-mails was a "public service" because it helped Republicans get elected.

The leak to Wikileaks of evidence of war crimes and diplomatic duplicity is high treason for which the leaker should get a lengthy prison sentence.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 02:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 02:181 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Right wing hypocrisy rears its usual empty head.

The leak to Wikileaks of DNC e-mails was a "public service" because it helped Republicans get elected.

The leak to Wikileaks of evidence of war crimes and diplomatic duplicity is high treason for which the leaker should get a lengthy prison sentence.
    But....but...but Manning is a transgender

You are not a bigot are you?

As much as I hear Obama hated the Clintons, I often wonder if he is secretly happy with what Manning did.
  10. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 04:12
    The US did this supposedly because Julian A. said he'd be willing to undergo extradition to the US for his crimes if the US let Chelsea go.

This is nothing more than deal-making and going after the head guy rather than the minions further down the line...the US has been making deals like this forever.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 04:15
    Originally posted by uzless
    The US did this supposedly because Julian A. said he'd be willing to undergo extradition to the US for his crimes if the US let Chelsea go.

This is nothing more than deal-making and going after the head guy rather than the minions further down the line...the US has been making deals like this forever.
    However, the US has not requested his extradition at any time. The country that has requested his extradition is Sweden, to whom he has made no such commitment. So it is not for that reason.
  12. Subscribershavixmironline
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 04:49

The difference is: one is whistleblowing (look up the term) and one is a foreign country influencing an election.
  13. Standard memberuzless
    The So Fist
    Voice of Reason
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 04:52
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    However, the US has not requested his extradition at any time. The country that has requested his extradition is Sweden, to whom he has made no such commitment. So it is not for that reason.
    Y'all still question the master...i know not why. Read and be educated my son...

WikiLeaks said Obama may have saved Manning's life by granting her clemency. But the secret-spilling site said little about founder Julian Assange's pledge that he would agree to extradition to the U.S. if Manning got clemency.

"Ms. Manning is a hero, whose bravery should be applauded," Assange said in the statement. "Journalists, publishers, and their sources serve the public interest and promote democracy by distributing authentic information on key matters such as human rights abuses and illegal acts by government officials. They should not be prosecuted."

Assange went on to demand that the U.S. government "should immediately end its war on whistleblowers and publishers, such as WikiLeaks and myself," but he made no mention of a pledge that he made on Twitter five days ago in which he appeared to offer himself up to U.S. authorities in return for Manning's freedom cbc.ca
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 08:25
    Originally posted by uzless
    Y'all still question the master...i know not why. Read and be educated my son...

WikiLeaks said Obama may have saved Manning's life by granting her clemency. But the secret-spilling site said little about founder Julian Assange's pledge that he would agree to extradition to the U.S. if Manning got clemency.

"Ms. Manning is a hero, whose bravery shou ...[text shortened]... ich he appeared to offer himself up to U.S. authorities in return for Manning's freedom cbc.ca
    What charges is Assange facing in the US?
  15. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 Jan '17 08:26

You are not a bigot are you?

As much as I hear Obama hated the Clintons, I often wonder if he is secretly happy with what Manning did.

Whodey seems to think everyone is "transgender" 🙄

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree