1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:061 edit
    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/professors-pull-off-clever-hoax-with-penis-paper-expose-liberal-academia-as-a-sham/

Philosopher Peter Boghossian and mathematician James Lindsay perpetrated a hoax intended to expose gender studies as a sham, and they succeeded. The respected professors submitted an absurd article — which blamed penises for global warming — to a respected, peer-reviewed, academic journal — which gullibly printed it. In perpetrating their hoax, the professors said they sought to expose academia as shallow, credulous and painfully politically correct.
  2. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:20
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://heatst.com/culture-wars/professors-pull-off-clever-hoax-with-penis-paper-expose-liberal-academia-as-a-sham/

Philosopher Peter Boghossian and mathematician James Lindsay perpetrated a hoax intended to expose gender studies as a sham, and they succeeded. The respected professors submitted an absurd article — which blamed penises for global warming — ...[text shortened]... ors said they sought to expose academia as shallow, credulous and painfully politically correct.
    Cogent Social Sciences is a BS pay-per-pub outfit.I wouldn't get too worked up over it.

When they get their hoax paper into the NE Journal of Medicine, let me know.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:24
    Cogent Social Sciences is not a "respected, peer-reviewed, academic journal." It's a rubbish pay-to-publish journal, and these kind of journals have routinely published works lacking any scientific merit.

Once again, you've been played for a fool, whodey. How do you feel about that? Do you think it might be time to consider whether you are sufficiently critically evaluating everything you read in the gutters of the Internet?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:38
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Cogent Social Sciences is not a "respected, peer-reviewed, academic journal." It's a rubbish pay-to-publish journal, and these kind of journals have routinely published works lacking any scientific merit.

Once again, you've been played for a fool, whodey. How do you feel about that? Do you think it might be time to consider whether you are sufficiently critically evaluating everything you read in the gutters of the Internet?
    So you are saying they are like CNN?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:41
    So you are saying they are like CNN?
    I'm saying that you are - once again - consuming and regurgitating obviously false stories. Does it not concern you that you are so gullible that this happens over and over and over and over and over again?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:44
    I'm saying that you are - once again - consuming and regurgitating obviously false stories. Does it not concern you that you are so gullible that this happens over and over and over and over and over again?
    I don't care what you say, this is funny as hell.

Next up, the NE Journal.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:47
    Whodey encapsulated.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:49

Next up, the NE Journal.
    Whatever amuses you, whodey.

This kind of publication does not get into well-respected journals, which employ rigorous peer review and editorial oversight. That would be like saying CNN will air stories suggesting there are child abuse rings in pizza parlours just because InfoWars does.

Still no thoughts on being deceived again? No apology for peddling blatant lies?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:53

This kind of publication does not get into well-respected journals, which employ rigorous peer review and editorial oversight. That would be like saying CNN will air stories suggesting there are child abuse rings in pizza parlours just because InfoWars does.

Still no thoughts on being deceived again? No apology for peddling blatant lies?
    Here is a comprehensive list of things that global warming causes.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/globalwarming2.html

Are all of these causes from "respected" peer reviewed literature as well?
  10. Germany
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:59
    Here is a comprehensive list of things that global warming causes.

http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/WRHARTICLES/globalwarming2.html

Are all of these causes from "respected" peer reviewed literature as well?
    No? It doesn't concern you at all?

Well, let's continue this conversation after your next fake news story you post here, shall we?
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 13:59
    Do you guys respect Bill Nye?

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/bill-nye-older-people-need-to-die-out-before-climate-science-can-advance/article/2629163

He says older people need to die because those are the ones who are the most skeptical.

After all, they were not taught about global warming 24/7 in school growing up.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 14:08

Next up, the NE Journal.
    Good luck fooling them Cornhuskers.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 14:141 edit
    Do you guys respect Hansen?

http://conservativetribune.com/climate-scientists-cancel-doomsday/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=TeaParty&utm_content=2017-07-17&utm_campaign=can

He published papers predicting what the effects of global warming would be some 20 years ago. Needless to say they have not come true.

Now he has pushed the clock back a bit.

It would be nice just to hear them say, "Yea, we are beyond hope now. Enjoy what time you have", but they never do, and never will.

I guess what we need here is some sort of "truthiness" list of people and sources we can all blindly follow
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 19:24

So is it your position that penises do not contribute to world wide gullible warming?

Show us your evidence.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    21 Jul '17 19:27

LOL

What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree