1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 May '16 16:42
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Shots from handguns are rarely fatal, with prompt medical care.

I believe that calling the cops, and the bad guy getting away, is just the ticket to convincing him that he can do it as often as he wants, with little chance of consequences.

If he's breaking into my home, yes I'd shoot him.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 20:122 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:341 edit
    Don't be any more of an idiot than you already have shown yourself to be. NO, I don't volunteer to be a shooting dummie. I also would not depend on a one shot stop, in a case of self defense.

My process, if I were to catch a burglar in the act, would be to hold him, hogtie him, and call police. If he were to resist physically, then he would be shot. If he were to flee, these days, I wouldn't bother trying to chase.

What would you do? Beg that he not rape you?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 May '16 21:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    03 May '16 22:07
    Yes, and I recognize that course of action wasn't right. I think that many here can relate to that angered response. What would you do? Attempt to change rape laws so that men accused would be promptly punished, guilty or not?
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 May '16 08:18
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Shots from handguns are rarely fatal, with prompt medical care.

I believe that calling the cops, and the bad guy getting away, is just the ticket to convincing him that he can do it as often as he wants, with little chance of consequences.

If he's breaking into my home, yes I'd shoot him.
    "Shots from handguns are rarely fatal, with prompt medical care. "
    yeh, thousands don't die from gun shot wounds, they die from lack of medical care.

"I believe that calling the cops, and the bad guy getting away, is just the ticket to convincing him that he can do it as often as he wants, with little chance of consequences."
    yeh, best to shoot him. if he dies, that will teach him. if he doesn't, it will teach him to also bring a gun next time he burglarizes.

"If he's breaking into my home, yes I'd shoot him"
    because you're a sociopath
  7. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 May '16 13:45
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '16 16:39
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    [youtube]EDWo6m5hbG4[/youtube]
    Nice.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    04 May '16 17:18
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    [youtube]EDWo6m5hbG4[/youtube]
    God, that is disgusting. The way the parent and the interviewer are saying hero and such, looks like they are great buddies with Ken Ham. Praising him for shooting him what, 4 times? Of course the guy was a perp but that is way overboard. One time in the knee like he said and the perp is going nowhere.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '16 17:32
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    God, that is disgusting. The way the parent and the interviewer are saying hero and such, looks like they are great buddies with Ken Ham. Praising him for shooting him what, 4 times? Of course the guy was a perp but that is way overboard. One time in the knee like he said and the perp is going nowhere.
    Dude this is The Daily Onion it's a news/talk show lampoon.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 May '16 19:072 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    But why is there a debate about this, no the perp was not in the house but yes, he was still on their property AND carrying property not his.
    There is a debate about this because some of us believe in principles and in particular the principle that you should never kill or attempt to kill someone for any reason whatsoever other than self defence. This was not self defence.

I recall one of my Irish teachers telling us that in Ireland someone expected to get burgled, so he took up some of the boards in the stairs. A burglar came in, fell through the stairs and broke his leg. The burglar sued the house owner for having dangerous stars.

Some countries do not have anti-trespass laws and so if you haven't stolen anything, and didn't break anything to get in, you aren't even breaking the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trespasser#Duties_to_trespassers
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 May '16 20:03
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    There is a debate about this because some of us believe in principles and in particular the principle that you should never kill or attempt to kill someone for any reason whatsoever other than self defence. This was not self defence.

I recall one of my Irish teachers telling us that in Ireland someone expected to get burgled, so he took up some of the ...[text shortened]... aren't even breaking the law.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trespasser#Duties_to_trespassers
    They're talking about trespassing on someone's land, not going into someone's home.
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    04 May '16 21:27
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    They're talking about trespassing on someone's land, not going into someone's home.
    As far as I know, there is no distinction in trespass law.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 May '16 11:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    As far as I know, there is no distinction in trespass law.
    No distinction between walking across someone's lawn versus going into their home at, say, 2 in the morning?
    Are you serious?
  15. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    05 May '16 12:57
    Why can psychotic people not be heroes?

Other than that, why the hell did the 11 year old have access to a bloody gun in the first place?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree