tatoos

Standard memberapathist
Culture 01 Apr '17 23:00
  1. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    01 Apr '17 23:001 edit
    They are kinda forever, so I'd think people put thought into them, but from what I've seen we don't. Not very much.

I keep inking one onto my wrist with a pen, so I think it'll happen. A mnenomic to induce lucid dreams.

Do you have a tatoo you are proud of, or really want to get? Or a bad story to share?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Apr '17 23:56
    Originally posted by apathist
    They are kinda forever, so I'd think people put thought into them, but from what I've seen we don't. Not very much.

I keep inking one onto my wrist with a pen, so I think it'll happen. A mnenomic to induce lucid dreams.

Do you have a tatoo you are proud of, or really want to get? Or a bad story to share?
    my story is that when I was 20 I was into all things 'counter culture'.
    music art hair ....
    but I have no tats.
    Turned out to be a great decision. Now virtually everyone has 'em.
    I've heard people expressing jealously that they wish they hadn't gotten any tats- or maybe just some of them.

Surprises me semi-permanent tats haven't gotten more support. It's be more like changing hair color.

Interesting topic.
    I'm very interested in the psychology of the people who have taken up thin trend in the last 30 years.
    I cant help but think it's a cheapway of 'earning' ' credibility'
  3. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '17 17:56
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    my story is that when I was 20 I was into all things 'counter culture'.
    music art hair ....
    but I have no tats.
    Turned out to be a great decision. Now virtually everyone has 'em.
    I've heard people expressing jealously that they wish they hadn't gotten any tats- or maybe just some of them.

Surprises me semi-permanent tats haven't gotten more su ...[text shortened]... n trend in the last 30 years.
    I cant help but think it's a cheapway of 'earning' ' credibility'
    Have a tattoo on my side of a panther. Had it done to cover a burn i received as a child.

I'm all about turning negatives into positives.
  4. old pueblo
    Moves
    18 May '17 03:50
    My sister has multiple tattoos, at least one commemorating a friend who died recently. I would consider one except I don't do pain. I've thought of a triangle inside a circle with the numbers 3, 19, and 1984 inside (or just 3, 19, and 84). I've also considered a butterfly, even though that's very common. I'm not that visual or visually imaginative, so I haven't put a lot of thought into it. Except for the pain part.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    31 May '17 03:531 edit

No tattoos. Which is really cool because just about everyone has one now.
    There was a sharp increase of people (especially amongst the young female demographic) getting tats in the 90's .
    Before that it was linked to prison or bikers mainly.

I just don't believe all those people who tell me how special they are now because of their tattoo.
    All the sports people have them. Everyone is soooo cool now πŸ˜›

edit: oops I see I've already commented here
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '17 20:131 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No tattoos. Which is really cool because just about everyone has one now.
    There was a sharp increase of people (especially amongst the young female demographic) getting tats in the 90's .
    Before that it was linked to prison or bikers mainly.

I just don't believe all those people who tell me how special they are now because of their tattoo.
    All t ...[text shortened]... people have them. Everyone is soooo cool now πŸ˜›

edit: oops I see I've already commented here
    So a dude gets tats all over his face like Mike Tyson but what do you do when you are 50,60,70? You still gonna want some ugly ink you had done when you were 20 and drunk?

I see they can be removed but the process HAS to be painful, a powerful laser basically cutting into the skin and blowing away bits of ink a pulse at a time and at the end a day later you look like you have had an accident with a flame thrower.

No thanks. I'll take my decrepid skin the way it isπŸ™‚
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    07 Jun '17 00:01
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So a dude gets tats all over his face like Mike Tyson but what do you do when you are 50,60,70? You still gonna want some ugly ink you had done when you were 20 and drunk?

I see they can be removed but the process HAS to be painful, a powerful laser basically cutting into the skin and blowing away bits of ink a pulse at a time and at the end a day later ...[text shortened]... had an accident with a flame thrower.

No thanks. I'll take my decrepid skin the way it isπŸ™‚
    I know right?

Mind you if I were a Maori I might find myself on the outer if I had no tats. Maybe not.
    Surely any society/culture worth 2 cents would be tolerating of someone not wanting tats. Hmmmm ...

Everyone's got 'em!
  8. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    23 Jun '17 03:46

As an older guy, I hate tattoos. Back in my youth the only people who has them were drunken sailors, and trashy ghetto ho's.
  9. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    27 Jun '17 11:27
    Originally posted by mchill
    As an older guy, I hate tattoos. Back in my youth the only people who has them were drunken sailors, and trashy ghetto ho's.
    Ah, how things have moved on since the 1860's.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree