1. Here
    Moves
    10 May '17 22:23
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Here is the problem. Your numbers are way off on the clans.
    These numbers are generated as of 15 minutes ago.

Yes there are 145 clans shown on the pages.

3 of those clans are Anti-Metallica, The Arrow and Breaking Bad

This reduces us to 142 clans.
    Of those 142 clans, there are 23 that are either dead, not playing any challenges at all or the ...[text shortened]... ore, there is already
    a restriction for no more than 3 concurrent challenges between any clans.
    I surrender
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    12 May '17 12:02
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Here is the problem. ...
    54 clans that are minimal in size.
    66 clans with 7 active members or more in them.
    there are only 32 clans at RHP with at least 10 active members.

When you consider vacations, or unavailability of players for whatever reasons,
    then you take into account the 200 point plateau for match-ups,
    a large clan will have difficu ...[text shortened]... ore, there is already
    a restriction for no more than 3 concurrent challenges between any clans.
    Thanks for doing the math. I had no idea the gap is so large between the active large clans and everyone else.

Maybe a two-tier system would work better: one for the 32 large active clans and another for the rest.
  3. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    12 May '17 14:192 edits
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Thanks for doing the math. I had no idea the gap is so large between the active large clans and everyone else.

Maybe a two-tier system would work better: one for the 32 large active clans and another for the rest.
    Another suggestion is to combine the smaller clans? could that work?

Not much can be done about the 23 that are either dead or not playing clan challenges.

-VR
  4. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 11:58
    Originally posted by padger
    Now that the shambles of last year have been sorted we need to make changes to ensure fairer results in future
    I would personally like to see an end to negative points to stop resigning games early once a challenge has been decided
    There should also be a limit on how often challenging the same clan can count towards a clans total points to stop what happened last year
    Padger.....I have a question. I just finished a match with a clan that everyone knows, and respects. We actually would have had a draw for a lot of points. It was a perfectly well matched games. However, four players from the other clan did not make more than eight moves and were timed out. All the other games played out. But two players from the other team for some reason could not play their games. They started and then timed out. Because the system gave those games a draw, we lost. If they had given us the win due to their timing out in four games, we would have had a split in points. Everyone was perfectly matched up.

Should the clan who plays the games and does not time out be punished? I thought this to be unfair. My players play their best, they don't get involved in the politics in here, and they don't care about wins and losses. They love playing, and even if the other players are a lot better.

But it would have been really nice to have earned that draw. How can the clan who moves, and plays, get punished for lack of movement from two people on the other clan? I am sure they did not mean to. Everyone times out once in a while. Is this eight move rule new?
  5. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 12:19
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    Padger.....I have a question. I just finished a match with a clan that everyone knows, and respects. We actually would have had a draw for a lot of points. It was a perfectly well matched games. However, four players from the other clan did not make more than eight moves and were timed out. All the other games played out. But two players from the other team f ...[text shortened]... I am sure they did not mean to. Everyone times out once in a while. Is this eight move rule new?
    Your clan should be punished for merely existing coward.

Now run along and play and let the adults sort this out.

Have a nice day !!!!!!!!!
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 18:32
    Originally posted by radioactive69

You're letting history and personalities influence your judgment my lager drinking friend
    This seems like a fair question to me regardless of who posed it.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 19:49
    Padger.....I have a question. I just finished a match with a clan that everyone knows, and respects. We actually would have had a draw for a lot of points. It was a perfectly well matched games. However, four players from the other clan did not make more than eight moves and were timed out. All the other games played out. But two players from the other team f ...[text shortened]... I am sure they did not mean to. Everyone times out once in a while. Is this eight move rule new?
    Your attempt to start a debate on the fairness of a new set of rules
    which were brought about by your collusion with another clan is .......

...... Quite Pathetic !!

Luck for you, you're too stupid to realize that you are stupid !! πŸ˜€
  8. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    04 Jun '17 22:29
    You've answered your own question in that completely insincere post.

Work it out.
  9. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 02:32
    Originally posted by radioactive69

lol lol It's nice that the men allow woman like you express yourself.
  10. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 02:33
    Originally posted by Startreader
    You've answered your own question in that completely insincere post.

Work it out.
    Aren't you late to pick up your social security check? Please dear, I am taken. You have to move on.
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 02:36
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Your attempt to start a debate on the fairness of a new set of rules
    which were brought about by your collusion with another clan is .......

...... Quite Pathetic !!

Luck for you, you're too stupid to realize that you are stupid !! πŸ˜€
    Well I can read and get smarter tomorrow. You will be a coward and a loser the rest of your life. I think I win. πŸ™‚ And you are a moron. I never started a debate. I respect Padger, always have, and I had a question for him. Very simple. Moron. What do you do for a living genius? Oh yeah, live at home and post all day in a chess site. Very impressive coward.
  12. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 03:38
    Well I can read and get smarter tomorrow. You will be a coward and a loser the rest of your life. I think I win. πŸ™‚ And you are a moron. I never started a debate. I respect Padger, always have, and I had a question for him. Very simple. Moron. What do you do for a living genius? Oh yeah, live at home and post all day in a chess site. Very impressive coward.
    Wow !! That was a killer comeback !!
    You were wearing your bib when you typed this, yes ?? πŸ˜€
  13. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 06:27
    Well lets face it..........it's impossible to get any dumber !!!

I have a few baby books I could lend you to get started.

Coward !!!
  14. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 06:39
    Aren't you late to pick up your social security check? Please dear, I am taken. You have to move on.
    You're STILL posting in the forum you vowed never to enter? What's the matter with you? Lost your way?
  15. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    05 Jun '17 08:07
    best thing to do if you have a question is to send feed back, or PM Russ.
    i am sure Russ will help. your past history for fair play and integrity with strategic ultimatum will help your cause.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree