Leader change

Subscribervenda
Clans 02 Jan '17 17:56
  1. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 17:56
    After 5 and a bit years as leader of the Yorkshire Laikers I have decided it's time for a change.
    The captaincy has been handed over to 64squaresofpain aka Zak.
    I'm relying on other leaders to accord him the same respect as most of you have to me over the years.(I.e no stupidly biased challenges please)
    Particular thanks to Flipperwaldt of freethinkers who accepted all of my challenges without question,Yroyathon of Chess whisperers, Silverstriker of Dangermouse , Smiffy of , er Smiffy's and Short circuit of Metallica with whom I've had fruitful conversations over the years.
    Apologies to anyone I've forgotten.
    I hope the clan challenge system get's sorted out and I'll still be around to play challenges for the Laikers when selected.
  2. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 19:09
    Originally posted by venda
    After 5 and a bit years as leader of the Yorkshire Laikers I have decided it's time for a change.
    I'm relying on other leaders to accord him the same respect as most of you have to me over the years.(I.e no stupidly biased challenges please)
    Particular thanks to Flipperwaldt of freethinkers who ...[text shortened]... stem get's sorted out and I'll still be around to play challenges for the Laikers when selected.
    All the best to you.
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    02 Jan '17 19:16
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    All the best to you.
    New year, changes taking place! It's all good!

I'll hope for some enjoyable challenges with your clan under its new leader!
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 01:16
    Particular thanks to Flipperwaldt of freethinkers who ...[text shortened]... stem get's sorted out and I'll still be around to play challenges for the Laikers when selected.
    Dave, I wish you well in your time of leisure.
    We have enjoyed many discussions during our time as leaders.
    While we didn't always agree, we both understood where the other was coming from.
    And, we came up with some pretty good clan challenges.

With the inmates overrunning the asylum these days,
    the asylum may not be standing for much longer.
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 14:17
    Hi,

Good luck in whatever you do and if you do stay keep in touch.

A lot of changes I'm going to see what happens first before I think about leaving again.
  6. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 17:35
    you ran a good clan
    you will still be playing clan games?
    all the best
  7. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 19:08
    Thanks for all the accolades and good wishes chaps.
    Appreciated.
  8. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    03 Jan '17 23:58
    venda,

We haven't always agreed, but wish you all the best. There may not be a clan challenge system for much longer.

-VR
  9. Subscribercarystover
    Play while you can!
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 17:42
    We have never had a discussion but I always find your comments in various threads to be worth reading.
    Are you staying a subscriber or letting your sub expire like I did?
  10. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 18:57
    Originally posted by carystover
    We have never had a discussion but I always find your comments in various threads to be worth reading.
    Are you staying a subscriber or letting your sub expire like I did?
    I'll still subscribe to play clan games and to have more than 6 ongoing games and thanks for the comment.
  11. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 18:58
    Originally posted by Very Rusty
    venda,

We haven't always agreed, but wish you all the best. There may not be a clan challenge system for much longer.

-VR
    Cheers.
  12. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    04 Jan '17 22:56
    I'll still subscribe to play clan games and to have more than 6 ongoing games and thanks for the comment.
    venda,

It will be interesting to see what Russ does with all of the suggestions he was given.

-VR
  13. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    12 Jan '17 22:49
    Once again Dave, many thanks for all the time and effort you put into the clan, it was a thankless task to run it all those years, and keep this beast of a spreadsheet up to date, it has certainly made my job easier! 🙂

I haven't been paying all that much attention to the clan forums... All I can say to other clan leaders is don't forget to enjoy it!

That's what it's all about, a good contest that people can play along and have fun doing so... it shouldn't be ruined by certain begrudging, petty individuals who think that "beating the system" and outscoring all other clans is more enjoyable than the game itself.... shameful.

The local pool league I used to play in got dismantled because politics took over, was really sad to see it go, perhaps it is human nature?

Maybe Russ' changes to the system might appease some of the bad apples, let's wait and see.

Until then, ah wish tha's allt' best 🙂

I'll sithee,

14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '17 15:10
    Good Luck, Dave, and thanks for the challenging play.

I'll remember you as a fair and active clan leader, an asset to the Clan system here at RHP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree