1. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 21:491 edit
    It appears to me after much deliberation that there is lack of understanding on the part of those who seem to think that unethical is the same as illegal. The numerous false analogies, duff comparisons, allusions to cheating etc etc

Please read the following.

In order to understand the difference between “illegal” and “unethical,” we will first have to consider “legal” and “ethical.” “Legal” means “recognized or made effective by a court of law as distinguished from a court of equity.” Ethics has much to do with the inner self. “Ethics” may be defined as “moral principles as of an individual.”

In an illegal act, the decision-making factor is the law agency. For an unethical act, the deciding agent is the man’s own conscience. An unethical deed may be against morality but not against the law. For example, a minister could refuse to speak to any public gathering unless he or she has been paid a large sum as a speakers’ fee. It is quite legal but unethical.

At an organizational scale it is essential to elucidate the difference between “law” and “ethics.” In an organization, laws are the set of rules that are put forward and enforced by the ruling governments to discipline the society. Here, “ethics” are the moral codes set by the organization on the basis of the culture of the society.

For instance, in the world of computers, a person can write or design a system which has negative consequences on the social system in the future. This can be unethical but not illegal till the program is designed and implemented and had caused the ill effect.

“Unethical” is what one or one’s culture and environment thinks to be wrong. An illegal deed is always unethical while an unethical action may or may not be illegal. The perception of ethics may differ in different conditions.

Each and every organization has a social responsibility to bear. It has to have some positive impact on society; it has to give back to society what it has taken in the form of welfare of the community. An unethical behavior would not consider this and would look for its own personal gains. Such an institution will not consider what their system is posing on the society be it good or bad or even worse. One such example would be of the mining companies. They do not attempt to address the inconvenience of the people that are displaced by their operations. Such an attitude is considered unethical. This may certainly not be labeled as illegal as the law has not made it mandatory for the company to relocate the people and ease their discomfort that has been caused by the mining operations.

An illegal behavior is detected easily as it deviates from specified and set rules and regulations by the governing bodies. Unethical behavior is a bit intricate to detect as there are no set rules for ethical behavior. Also, unethical behavior depends on the perception. A single act may be unethical for one and be totally honest for the other.

http://www.differencebetween.net/science/nature/difference-between-illegal-and-unethical/
  2. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 21:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    It appears to me after much deliberation that there is lack of understanding on the part of those who seem to think that unethical is the same as illegal. The numerous false analogies, duff comparisons, allusions to cheating etc etc

In order to understand the difference between “illegal” and “unethical,” we will firs ...[text shortened]... er.

http://www.differencebetween.net/science/nature/difference-between-illegal-and-unethical/
    very good, Vespin needs to take note of this before accusing clans of cheating
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:081 edit
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    So does maghoober55, Suzisnowflake, Very Crusty, Shirtycircuit, radiodrool, romaslobber and stardweeb
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:17

In order to understand the difference between “illegal” and “unethical,” we will firs ...[text shortened]... er.

So, let's recap.

You're not a cheater, but you *are* an unethical, bloodsucking parasite.

Got it.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:20
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So, let's recap.

You're not a cheater, but you *are* an unethical, bloodsucking parasite.

Got it.
    unethical behavior depends on the perception. A single act may be unethical for one and be totally honest for the other.

ummm how you could fail to grasp this I cannot say.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:23
    So does maghoober55, Suzisnowflake, Very Crusty, Shirtycircuit, radiodrool, romaslobber and stardweeb
    And you don't wanna know the names we give you when you're not around.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    And you don't wanna know the names we give you when you're not around.
    yes I do.
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 22:57

Nice effort !!
    Meaning cut/paste !!

No one has talked about rules violations of any sort.
    This has always been about ethics.

And if you want to wrap perceptions around ethical or unethical behavior as per your post to Suzianne,
    then I have to say that you have missed the point of clan forum activity all year !!

The forums have been about debating perceptions all year.
    And the optics are completely against you.

You have lost the arguments over and over again !!
    You delude yourself into thinking that you are still in the thick of the debate by picking yourself up, dusting yourself off and getting knocked down all over again.

Being a constant sucker for punishment does not make you a participant in this debate.

And one more thing.
    Site can still suspend your clan and roll back your points with or without any rules violations.
    Unethical behaviour is more than sufficient.

And if there is no action forthcoming from site, we have done a good enough job discrediting your clan and your sister clans in this forum.

We all know it. And you know it !!
    Why else would you start blathering about rules infractions ?

Hmmm ??
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 23:20
    Originally posted by mghrn55
    Nice effort !!
    Meaning cut/paste !!

No one has talked about rules violations of any sort.
    This has always been about ethics.

And if you want to wrap perceptions around ethical or unethical behavior as per your post to Suzianne,
    then I have to say that you have missed the point of clan forum activity all year !!

The forums have been about debati ...[text shortened]... . And you know it !!
    Why else would you start blathering about rules infractions ?

Hmmm ??
    what?
  10. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Dec '16 23:25
    what?
    Your most intelligent response in a while. πŸ™‚
  11. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 08:31
    Originally posted by Wycombe Al
    With your mouth, and all the garbage you have spouted you coward, I don't have to watch anything if I choose not to. You have called out just about everyone, including Metallica before you chose to be friends with them. Which is fine with me. Free world. But don't single me out.

If you can throw trash my way for as long as you have, without a word from me? I can certainly say what my opinion is just as you do. Difference is, I don't get personal about it, and I don't call people names.

Now if you wish to take this further, PM me and we can discuss it there. But my opinion is no different then yours. Just because you think your correct, does not make it so. And I understand the same goes for me. But you had enough fun with my name for quite some time. So are you not a big enough man to handle a few posts from me, even when there is no real insult there like the ones you have thrown my way? Or the way Radio does? You have Posted enough about me, so I would say be a man and suck it up. As usual Robbie has schooled everyone. The best any of you will have will be name calling. And silly stats. Try debating the man and see how far you get.

I cant wait to join his Clan. It's great to learn from the best leaders. πŸ™‚

Have a nice day.
    Easy Like Sunday Morning πŸ™‚
  12. Subscriberradioactive69
    Fun, fun fun!!
    On the beach
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 09:41
    Originally posted by VESPIN
    With your mouth, and all the garbage you have spouted you coward, I don't have to watch anything if I choose not to. You have called out just about everyone, including Metallica before you chose to be friends with them. Which is fine with me. Free world. But don't single me out.

If you can throw trash my way for as long as you have, without a word from m ...[text shortened]... . It's great to learn from the best leaders. πŸ™‚

Have a nice day.
    Easy Like Sunday Morning πŸ™‚
    Someone give him a banjo........he really isn't quite......all there.

I'm not sure how you don't understand that carrobie has not won a single thing here. The only thing of any value on this site is respect and credibility (there are no prizes for winning here) and he, you and McGayo have absolutely none. In your case it doesn't matter........you never had any. Carrobie however at one stage had quite a bit of respect and credibility. Not any more.

He made the mistake of listening to fools like yourself and McGayo. I believe he now regrets his choices but he's made his bed now so he must lie in it.

The reason for his knee jerk posting above is that last night I pointed out to him just what he has done to himself this year. I think the ball has finally sunk and he now realises how much damage he's done to not only the site but his own reputation.

You Vespin are simply an idiot. No-one has ever had or will ever have respect for you on this site. You are like one of those little toys you pull along on a string. You have just been used as a pawn by carrobie and I doubt if he'd actually have you in his clan. He may do now that I have written this but if I hadn't I doubt he'd have you.

I pity you your ignorance. Maybe you are just blissfully unaware of how much of a fool you are and how everyone snickers at your moronic postings........"Robbie.....you are the best"

Do yourself a favour. Rejoin this site under a different name so that no-one knows who you are. If I was so despised and abhorred as you are thats what I'd do.
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 10:07

You've got a martyr complex, robbie. I know you think you're doing the right thing here by highlighting weaknesses in the clan system which, you hope, will force reforms. But you've made some fundamental errors, one of which is that what is ethical (or in this case, what constitutes sportsman-like behavior) is not a matter of personal perception. Just because you think that what you're doing is right and honest does not make it so. You're peeved because someone trampled your roses and the police haven't done anything about it, so you're trampling everyone's roses to try to force the police to criminalize rose trampling. There may indeed be reforms, eventually, and they'll be because of you, but not in tune with you.
  14. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 10:15
    Originally posted by moonbus
    You've got a martyr complex, robbie. I know you think you're doing the right thing here by highlighting weaknesses in the clan system which, you hope, will force reforms. But you've made some fundamental errors, one of which is that what is ethical (or in this case, what constitutes sportsman-like behavior) is not a matter of personal perception. Just becaus ...[text shortened]... here may indeed be reforms, eventually, and they'll be because of you, but not in tune with you.
    The sad part of this is that this is not Robbie's issue within this website.
    He walks through life with this martyr complex.

This is right in tune with his anti elite ideology.

I think every time he sees someone drive by in a Jaguar or Porche, he feels that he has been wronged.

No Robbie doesn't walk into this website and see an impropriety.
    He brings his complex and personal demons in here and finds a target to fuel his obsession.

Where better to look than at the top of the standings.
  15. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    11 Dec '16 10:321 edit
    PS robbie, there are generally acknowledged principles of what constitutes good sportsmanship, though they may never have been codified as written laws or rules. It is not the case, as you apparently think, that these are matters of personal perception. The same goes for ethics. Adolf Eichmann honestly believed he was doing the right thing, and he was wrong.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree