1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    04 May '17 16:513 edits
    As part of the on-going clan challenge investigation, a rule change is now live which ignores all wins achieved in under 5 moves.

Results have been retrospectively applied to 2016.

Although this does dramatically alter the leading clans points, it does not alter the final ranking for 2016's leading clans.

A further investigation into unsportsmanlike behaviour has not concluded though, and the table will potentially change when penalties are assigned.

edit : Clan net points is now shown (as from today) on the clan graph introduced to clan home pages.
  2. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    06 May '17 13:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    As part of the on-going clan challenge investigation, a rule change is now live which ignores all wins achieved in under 5 moves.

Hi Russ,

Does this literally mean ALL wins below 5 moves, including checkmates?
    i.e. Scholar's mate

Another concern I have is that, when creating challenges,
    clan leaders could throw in games that are favourable for the opposing side
    in order to balance the fairness, however they could then tell their player to not move,
    so the games wouldn't count and they'd win the challenge.

If games are to end via timeout on move 1, but that player is actually still active on the site
    (i.e. moving in other games but avoiding specific ones)
    can this be appealed at all?

Thanks for all the work you've done for the clan system Russ, it's much appreciated.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree