1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    06 Jan '16 11:484 edits
    A new site release went live today. The key differences are as follows :

- Puzzles. Access (for now) from the community menu or the home page. These can be posted into a forum as follows [ puzzleid ]n[ /puzzleid ]

For example :

- Comments. A new comments system has been introduced. Currently only in use on the blogs and puzzles, this is a "twitterish" like stream of comments that you can subscribe to if you wish to stay updated on recent comments. This new system will be used elsewhere on the site in future, where community comments might be useful. (Tournaments, for example.)

-Rating graph
    A new rating graph option (look for the "expand" option on user's profiles) will show an expanded graph, showing as much history as the viewing devices will permit. For example, those viewing on a widescreen monitor will see significantly more of a player's rating history than those without. Furthermore, an option to compare ratings has also been added, demonstrated for now by a comparison option with your own rating trend.

- Private messages are now only for private messages - and not site notifications. The two systems are now truly separate on the UI you use, and in the back end that serves them.

-Conditional Move editor improvements. En Passant, castling, and an improved promotion interface have been added, as well as a history browser of previous movements on the editor.

- Other minor changes
    A FEN viewer/editor has been added, available from the site home page.
    Site notifications take prominence on the "My Home". Each notification type has been classified now, and an icon represents each class for quick identification.
    Various minor UI changes throughout.

And one last thing, please rate any chess puzzles you complete, so the current import/user submissions can become more useful over time.

And finally, a happy new year to all, and thanks again for playing your chess here. 🙂
  2. Subscribermoonbus
    Ãœber-Nerd
    Moves
    08 Jan '16 21:52
    Hi Russ,

Thanks for the FEN editor. I set up the following board manually, then copy-pasted the line of text above the board editor (4k3/7R/1r6/5K2/4P3/8/8/8 w - - 0 1) into this thread below:

So far so good.

However, returning to the FEN editor, activating "reset", and then copy-pasting the same line of text into the "set board from FEN" function produces a strange result: the pieces are correctly placed on the board, but the line of text above the board editor isn't what I copy-pasted -- it's that of the original position.

Also, when I activate "wipe board", and then copy-paste the same line of text into the "set board from FEN" function, the pieces are correctly placed on the board, the line of text above the board editor isn't what I copy-pasted -- it now says "current FEN is not legal".

qué pasa ?
  3. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    11 Jan '16 00:12
    Are there any plans to eradicate the blatant cheating going on in the clan games?
    The crap being currently parlayed for robbie carrobbie's clan (Easy Riders) courtesy of the clan started by McTayto (Anti Metallica) and the clan run by VESPIN called Breaking Bad Clan are making a mockery of your clan system once again. If this crap is allowed to continue, there is no point playing any longer. The continued lack of concern about keeping the clan system is most curious and most disconcerting. Taking away the Clan Forum was supposed to do what, silence the restlessness of those pissed off about the activities of a few (see those listed above with an additional player or two). The needs of the many are being sacrificed by the actions of a few.

Certainly you are tired of hearing about it. Why not do something about it now?
  4. SubscriberWycombe Al
    greatest site
    or just a tribute
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 11:01
    certainly is corrupting things
  5. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    12 Jan '16 11:22
    Why can't people just play to win every game they participate in? Between the engine user,s who can,t stand losing, and the sandbaggers who don't want to win, we certainly have a group of players on this site, who I would certainly like to see the back of. But sadly these cheats are not going to leave, so us good one,s just have to get on with it. To the genuine people on this site,I say carry on enjoying your chess, and let the saddo,s enjoy their adrenilin rush.
    Cheers Steve.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    14 Jan '16 13:051 edit
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Also, when I activate "wipe board", and then copy-paste the same line of text into the "set board from FEN" function, the pieces are correctly placed on the board, the line of text above the board editor isn't what I copy-pasted -- it now says "current FEN is not legal".

qué pasa ?
    This "wipe" bug has been fixed, but I can't reproduce the other issue described. Can you retest please?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree