1. Joined
    23 Apr '15
    Moves
    17 Jul '15 05:53
    Would it be cheating to start a game with a friend and when it is one move from checkmate resign and start heaps of games with high ranked players e.g. cenerentola then checkmate them?
  2. SubscriberThe Gravedigger
    Jack Torrance
    Overlook Hotel
    Moves
    17 Jul '15 15:52
    Originally posted by PaulTheLion
    Would it be cheating to start a game with a friend and when it is one move from checkmate resign and start heaps of games with high ranked players e.g. cenerentola then checkmate them?
    No,just pointless
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 14:59
    I'm not sure if it would be cheating, but why would anyone do something like this?
  4. Standard memberSteve45
    Mozart
    liverpool
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 16:18
    I don't even understand the original post.
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    18 Jul '15 18:02
    Cenerentola wouldn't even accept any of the challenges and delete the games.
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    19 Jul '15 08:181 edit
    I reckon there are two types of players here: those who play to play, and those who play to ramp up their ratings.
  7. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    24 Jul '15 12:26
    Originally posted by Steve45
    I don't even understand the original post.
    The point the OP tries to raise (if I understand correctly) is if a person plays a lot of games to lose before losing in a given game, to deplete the joy of the winner, is that cheating?

If the aim was to turn off people they should play against top players, but against weak players and lose by intend to diminish their rating. This is known as "snadbagging" seen as akind of legal cheating.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 11:30
    Originally posted by moonbus
    I reckon there are two types of players here: those who play to play, and those who play to ramp up their ratings.
    How does he expect to ever checkmate an engine?
  9. Standard memberSchlecter
    The King of Board
    Solar System
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 12:03
    I did the opposite:
    -
    If I know that this game is already lost, I wait that my rival increase his own rating in other games, so I play very very slow, waiting the right moment to resign.....(but what if my rival start a losing streak in his own?)
  10. Joined
    15 Aug '12
    Moves
    27 Jul '15 20:50
    Best to just not play them.
  11. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Jul '15 21:03
    Any sort of rating manipulation is cheating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree