1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '15 15:35
    Why do so many opponents complain when you put them in perpetual check? Even GMs will use such a tactic to salvage a forced draw from an otherwise lost position.

Really gets my goat.
  2. e4
    Moves
    10 May '15 16:10
    Players say silly things after a loss, you often get an apology a day or too later.

I think I have the game. He may have had more to complain about if Black
    had not taken the perpetual. (you may have better than the perpetual.)

3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    10 May '15 16:39
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Players say silly things after a loss, you often get an apology a day or too later.

I think I have the game. He may have had more to complain about if Black
    had not taken the perpetual. (you may have better than the perpetual.)

[pgn]
    [Event "Open invite"]
    [Site "http://www.redhotpawn.com"]
    [Date "2015.04.24"]
    [EndDate "2015.05.10"]
    [Round "? ...[text shortened]... d stop Qf1 mate and defend g2 mates Looks good. Certainly playable and not a blunder.} [/pgn]
    Thanks for that. Yes, wish now i had had considered mobilizing the knight. (Although don't think i deserved more than a draw in that game).
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '03
    Moves
    10 May '15 17:181 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Why do so many opponents complain when you put them in perpetual check? Even GMs will use such a tactic to salvage a forced draw from an otherwise lost position.

Really gets my goat.
    I love the perpetual check. And when somebody pulls one off against me I'm more likely to applaud them. I think it comes down to my father never trying to checkmate us kids; but always tried to stalemate, perpetual check or draw us -- he said beating us was too easy.

With that said, I had a game not too long ago where I was so intent on finding the perpetual check against a much higher rated opponent that I missed a winning move. Rh8! I think would have won me this game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree