1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 17:42
    This is the holiest of days on the Progressive calendar, tax day.

How will everyone celebrate?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 17:43
    You could be like Debbie Wasserman, a spokesperson for the DNC.

I'm thinking she will sacrifice a 7 pound unborn infant to get the celebration underway.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/debbie-wasserman-schultz-still-waiting-to-know-would-rand-paul-let-a-woman-die/
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 17:51
    Did my taxes in February and got $1100 back in March, I'm cool.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 18:11
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Did my taxes in February and got $1100 back in March, I'm cool.
    That was awful nice of Uncle Sam. It was also awful nice of you to let him borrow 1.1 grand to begin with. So much love here.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 18:141 edit
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    That was awful nice of Uncle Sam. It was also awful nice of you to let him borrow 1.1 grand to begin with. So much love here.
    Yes I know, but the coolest part is that 1100 was all I paid in so I really didn't pay any taxes last year.
    Because I'm a poor man don't make much.
    Like about 50% of the rest of Americans.
    So it really was like a forced way to save a grand+ which I would have never done on my own.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 10:081 edit
    Yes I know, but the coolest part is that 1100 was all I paid in so I really didn't pay any taxes last year.
    So it really was like a forced way to save a grand+ which I would have never done on my own.
    Yea, saved 1100 grand as the IRS collected the interest.

Maybe they should force you to eat right as well.

Who said that Americans hate the nanny state. Obviously they need it.

So what did you blow the 1100 grand on? Maybe they should have forced you to put it into a retirement plan.
  7. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 10:39
    Once the teenage years are over, people usually get off Ayn Rand.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 14:00
    You sound like a fan of progressive taxation.
  9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 20:18
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Once the teenage years are over, people usually get off Ayn Rand.
    I never heard of Rand until in my 50s. 😲
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 02:38

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    19 Apr '15 02:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    This is the holiest of days on the Progressive calendar, tax day.

How will everyone celebrate?
    I celebrate by paying my taxes, complete with the full realization that if our citizens want police, a justice system, an Army to protect us, currency, and the countless other things we all take for granted from our Federal and State governments, they have to be paid for. People don't work for nothing, and goods and services cost money. That's the way it's been for century's, and no amount of whining by Whodey is going to change it. Does that answer your question?? 😏
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 10:471 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    I celebrate by paying my taxes, complete with the full realization that if our citizens want police, a justice system, an Army to protect us, currency, and the countless other things we all take for granted from our Federal and State governments, they have to be paid for. People don't work for nothing, and goods and services cost money. That's the way it's b ...[text shortened]... and no amount of whining by Whodey is going to change it. Does that answer your question?? 😏
    I just love it when the state says that they need to raise taxes, it's always involves a threat about not having enough police or firemen or shutting down schools etc. In fact, why is it the only tax voters can vote directly on involved raising money for schools? Could you imagine voting on taxes to wage war in Libya? LOL.

You never hear, "Now if you don't pay taxes, we will have to shut down a couple of departments in the IRS!"

Essentially, the state provides just enough services so that people like you are willing to sign a blank check and hand it over to them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree