1. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 13:07
    http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/chess-grandmaster-used-phone-in-toilet-to-cheat/ar-AAaVFwH

fc
  2. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 14:27
    I find the recent trend for relatively strong players to resort to cheating in real-life tournaments incredibly depressing.
  3. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 14:47
    I concur what sort of message does it send to the rest of us?

fc

Ps - how do l make the link clickable?
  4. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 15:00
    Originally posted by flyingcod
    I concur what sort of message does it send to the rest of us?

fc

Ps - how do l make the link clickable?
    You can't:-

FAQ
  5. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 17:08
    Who brought Tigran Petrosian back from the dead??
    Surely that is a bigger cheat ๐Ÿ˜ 
  6. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 20:23
    Very naughty. The day may come when venues have to be shielded to prevent electronic communications (similar to shielding around hospital radiology depts.).
  7. Joined
    14 May '14
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 21:40
    Strip search and x-rays! Make them play in sterile environments with hospital gowns. ๐Ÿ™‚
  8. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 07:24
    Originally posted by Rookpawn59
    Strip search and x-rays! Make them play in sterile environments with hospital gowns. ๐Ÿ™‚
    ... and telepathy-blocking helmets.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 14:28
    Originally posted by moonbus
    ... and telepathy-blocking helmets.
    Nah, just butt naked in a chair that doesn't touch the ground and both players are surrounded by a Faraday shield. (big wrap around copper mesh screen that stops RF from getting through) I guess you could get around that with some kind of IR tech though.
  10. Subscriberflyingcod
    Berg Katze
    The Edge of Sanity
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 19:40
    Just make them do their ablutions next to the board.

That way everyone see and no chance for cheating. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

fc
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    15 Apr '15 18:49
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Nah, just butt naked in a chair that doesn't touch the ground and both players are surrounded by a Faraday shield. (big wrap around copper mesh screen that stops RF from getting through) I guess you could get around that with some kind of IR tech though.
    Each board and pair of players to be sealed in a constantly moving elevator. The doors open only when the game is over. Let them pee in a chamber pot!
  12. Joined
    03 Jun '03
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 10:28
    Originally posted by moonbus
    Each board and pair of players to be sealed in a constantly moving elevator. The doors open only when the game is over. Let them pee in a chamber pot!
    Haha! Imagining elevators and the nudity.

The other possibility is the complete reverse: no restriction any more on any advice, books, computers or Internet access at all. Just make sure you're using the best mix of calculation, psychology and database knowledge. Don't fight it, encourage it! Pure human calculation and skill based games can go back to the living room and picturesque city squares (tongue in cheek here).

The result is possibly just as unpleasant as the elevator option, at least to most folks. A bit like Formula-I racing then? Teams of engine tweakers and skillful navigators for the finishing touches and unexpected maneuvers to throw other engines off. Who knows, the future (and to some, sadly enough, the current correspondence chess world).

Can you stop the future? LOL.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree