1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 11:50
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/most-americans-failed-this-tax-quiz-142858522.html

Does the US have the worst tax system in the history of the world?

Most Americans seem clueless. Why not take the tax quiz and see where you are?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 11:521 edit
    Here is the latest Obamacare scandal.

http://conservativecurator99.com/irs-sent-800000-people-the-wrong-obamacare-subsidy-information/

The IRS sent to wrong information about peoples Obamacare for them to file on their taxes. I just feel sorry for the poor souls who filed using the information the IRS gave them because the government probably won't care and hold them responsible.

For opponents of Obamacare, having the IRS is perhaps the best and worst case scenario, that is because such a hated inept institution will only give mountains of propaganda for their cause, but at what personal price to themselves?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 12:01
    I wonder which corporation will pay not taxes next year for their political patronage.

The game is, as taxes go up, if you want to remain tax free just shovel some money into the law makers. Those who don't may slowly go out of business.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 12:09
    Originally posted by whodey
    Does the US have the worst tax system in the history of the world?
    I doubt it, but it is pretty bad. I believe it is largely a result of conservatives trying to find ways for the rich to pay less tax.
  5. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 12:51
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I doubt it, but it is pretty bad. I believe it is largely a result of conservatives trying to find ways for the rich to pay less tax.
    The Americans prosecute many offences and actively work to close many loopholes which the UK tax authorities blithely ignore and even encourage. While the UK is a small country in itself, it is a massively important financial centre and also controls discreetly the web of offshore tax havens on which the flow of unaccountable cash around the globe depends. It is no accident that London provides a home to so many foreign billionaires of dubious provenance, not least Russian oligarchs. No the Americans have some way to go before the Republicans manage to totally incapacitate and emasculate their tax collectors. The UK is already an offshore tax haven.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 13:315 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Conservatives?

GE, who was a big supporter of Obama, did not pay taxes one year.

Incidentally, what conservatives are you referring? I can't really think of any that I would label conservative. What you meant to say is Republicans

Government may not own corporate America in name, but they may as well.

It's kinda like the Fed. The Fed is a privately owned institution as well. LOL.

I'm just sitting here wondering when tax payers will bail out these criminal corporations again.

To think that any politician could survive without selling his corporate soul to do so first is blantantly absurd. This partisan hack thinking is laughable at best.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 13:45
    Originally posted by finnegan
    The Americans prosecute many offences....
    I wasn't talking about offences. I was talking about changes to the tax law.
    In general, do the wealthy in the UK pay more tax than the wealthy in the US?

No the Americans have some way to go before the Republicans manage to totally incapacitate and emasculate their tax collectors. The UK is already an offshore tax haven.
    Are you talking about corporate tax, or individual tax, or both?

Check this list:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_haven#List_of_tax_havens_and_countries_of_financial_secrecy

US at No.6 and UK at No. 21
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 13:501 edit
    Conservatives?

I said nothing about tax evasion or not paying taxes you are legally required to pay. I was talking about changes to the tax laws to benefit the wealthy. Making it complicated helps to hide the fact that the wealthy pay such low taxes.

Incidentally, what conservatives are you referring?
    Conservatives in general

I can't really think of any that I would label conservative.
    There are no conservatives in the US? I didn't realize that.

What you meant to say is Republicans
    What makes you think that? That was not what I meant to say.

I thought it was the other way around.

This partisan hack thinking is laughable at best.
    Yes, I do often laugh at you. The funniest part is that you appear to think all your lying somehow helps your country.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 16:20
    Conservatives?

Incidentally, what conservatives are you referring? I can't really think of any that I would label conservative. What you meant to say is Republicans

It's kinda like the Fed. The Fed is a priva ...[text shortened]... ate soul to do so first is blantantly absurd. This partisan hack thinking is laughable at best.
    "Government may not own corporate America in name, but they may as well."

You have this so backwards it's not funny. It's sad, actually. It's the corporations who own the government and even America itself. Even the typical working-class man-in-the-street is probably a Republican and has been trained by the corporate masters to hate government and love the corporations. They've sold out the middle class in America and they don't even realize it.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Feb '15 22:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    [b]"Government may not own corporate America in name, but they may as well."

You have this so backwards it's not funny. It's sad, actually. It's the corporations who own the government and even America itself. Even the typical working-class man-in-the-street is probably a Republican and has been trained by the corporate masters to hate government ...[text shortened]... the corporations. They've sold out the middle class in America and they don't even realize it.[/b]
    Corporations are the engine for government. Without them, the whole system collapses on itself, but to think that democrats are any better is simply partisan insanity.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree