15 Feb '15 12:03
    Nakamura beat Caruana
  2. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    15 Feb '15 14:28
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Nakamura beat Caruana
    In his interviews Nakamura has been "down-playing" So's advancement. Nakamura is still USA #1.
  3. Standard memberblunderdog
    R.I.P. mikelom
    Dogville, USA
    Moves
    16 Feb '15 21:51
    Originally posted by woadman
    In his interviews Nakamura has been "down-playing" So's advancement. Nakamura is still USA #1.
    Nakamura beats So to 2800. That was both player's goal.

With so many players crossing and nearing 2800 elo, Carlsen's chances of reaching 2900 improve.
  4. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    17 Feb '15 22:25
    Anand beat Nakamura 🙁
  5. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 05:15
    Originally posted by blunderdog
    Nakamura beats So to 2800. That was both player's goal.

With so many players crossing and nearing 2800 elo, Carlsen's chances of reaching 2900 improve.
    Do you mean Carlsen's chances are better because of inflation of ratings?
  6. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 05:20
    Anand was robbed of first place at Zurich. He was tied with Nakamura, but Anand's Sonne-Berger points were higher. That should have ended the event (like it has many other times), but the organizers insisted on a Rapid game playoff. Nakamura won this Rapid game easily , it was obvious that Anand was upset before the game ever started. But, behind the scenes it was agreed to split the prize money 50-50.
  7. Donationketchuplover
    Isolated Pawn
    Wisconsin USA
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 15:54
    Originally posted by woadman
    Anand was robbed of first place at Zurich. He was tied with Nakamura, but Anand's Sonne-Berger points were higher. That should have ended the event (like it has many other times), but the organizers insisted on a Rapid game playoff. Nakamura won this Rapid game easily , it was obvious that Anand was upset before the game ever started. But, behind the scenes it was agreed to split the prize money 50-50.
    Fischer would've had a coarse word or two (hundred) imo
  8. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    22 Feb '15 17:29
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Fischer would've had a coarse word or two (hundred) imo
    Yes you're right, Fischer would not have accepted the last minute change. One commentator said that Kasparov would have walked out on them. I think the sponsors were not experienced.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree