1. Joined
    30 Sep '11
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 10:00
    Hi there,

I have been searching the site for information on playing Blitz, I have drawn a blank. I wondered please if anyone can point me in the right direction please for information regarding Blitz play on the site?

Many thanks in advance.

Willy...........🙂🙂
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 10:25
    See where it says games waiting and messages unread? Just to the left of that below forums.
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '11
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 10:38
    Originally posted by Trev33
    See where it says games waiting and messages unread? Just to the left of that below forums.
    Many thanks, I can set up a game but I am unsure what to do, do you just play as fast as you can and are the games rated?

Thanks

Willy..........
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 12:25
    Originally posted by Sirdubalot
    Many thanks, I can set up a game but I am unsure what to do, do you just play as fast as you can and are the games rated?

Thanks

Willy..........
    All blitz games are unrated. You just play it like a OTB normal game according to the time limit set by the game creator. Most games are set with a fairly short time, and some allow you more time as a result of each move (that's the "increment" in the time setting). I've created 60 minute games (that's 60 minutes each player) but the usual there is 5 or 10 minutes.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 12:37
    I should say first that I am not an expert on the blitz games, but here are some 'educated' guesses from me.

The games are unrated at this time.

Yes, you must play rather quickly.

There are a variety of time controls that you can select when you are the one who sets up a game. This is done at the bottom of the page using the option boxes you will see there. Once you have posted a game you have to wait for someone to accept it.

If you choose to play one of the games being offered you accept the time control offered by the opponent who put the game up.

You can watch other players as they play by clicking on their username in the column on the right side of the page. This will take you to their game and you can observe.

I hope this helps, and perhaps someone more experienced with blitz can offer more advice!
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 12:49
    I know the blitz feature is being developed and is currently still in 'beta', but I suspect it is here to stay. With that in mind, perhaps a few words about how to use blitz should be added to the FAQ section in the near future.

I have sent a feedback so maybe we will see something added to the FAQ !
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '11
    Moves
    18 Jan '15 20:02
    Thanks for the replies and all the help everyone, much appreciated.

Willy....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree