1. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 23:13
    Well, anyone out there stupid enough to think that normalizing relations with Cuba is a bad idea?
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 23:28
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Well, anyone out there stupid enough to think that normalizing relations with Cuba is a bad idea?
    Normal relations with the USA has some downsides it must be said.
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 00:01
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Normal relations with the USA has some downsides it must be said.
    Good one. So Cuba should refuse to have relations normalized? That would be hilarious.
  4. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 00:27
    Good one. So Cuba should refuse to have relations normalized? That would be hilarious.
    Yes, I think the USA should normalize relations with Cuba. It should have been done a quarter of a century ago, but better late than never.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 01:21
    Is Obama simply going to ignore US law passed by Congress and signed by earlier Presidents?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 01:34
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Is Obama simply going to ignore US law passed by Congress and signed by earlier Presidents?
    My understanding is that his scope of action is limited somewhat, but that there are things he can do with the law as it is.
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 01:39
    My understanding is that his scope of action is limited somewhat, but that there are things he can do with the law as it is.
    Do you know the law?

Yes, he can totally ignore the law as long as Congress does nothing to stop him.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 02:12
    Do you know the law?

Yes, he can totally ignore the law as long as Congress does nothing to stop him.
    The "law" in general, or the specific law relating to the embargo? If the latter, not much. But it should be ignored to extent possible.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 02:59
    Fight it all you want, but it will happen.

Capitalists around the globe are just salivating at the disgusting amount of money they will make once relations are normalized so that the populace can be exploited by the 1%.

Mwhahahaha!!
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:00
    Law? Obama don't need no stinking laws bro. ๐Ÿ˜ 
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    Fight it all you want, but it will happen.

Capitalists around the globe are just salivating at the disgusting amount of money they will make once relations are normalized so that the populace can be exploited by the 1%.

Mwhahahaha!!
    Fight it? I endorse it wholeheartedly.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 03:38
    Fight it? I endorse it wholeheartedly.
    Monsanto is on their way!!! ๐Ÿ˜ต
  13. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 06:261 edit
    Let the USA normalize Guantanamo Bay first and then see about the rest of Cuba.
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 12:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    Monsanto is on their way!!! ๐Ÿ˜ต
    You're probably right (for once). Being readmitted to the global economic system will probably have dire long term consequences for Cuba. It may very well turn out that they were better off being perpetual outcasts.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    18 Dec '14 12:54
    The embargo was all about Fidel because he reneged on his deal (to return the colony that was lost) with the USA and sided with the USSR. Now that he is on his death bed & will likely never see a better Cuba himself, change can now take place. The example has been made.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree