in basketball.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 13:321 edit
    Originally posted by ketchuplover
    Samuel Sevian
    Umm, doesn't he need to have a 2500 rating by the time the next official Fide rating list is announced? I realise he is smashing it in the Saint Louise tournament, but if he lost all his remaining games i don't think he would get the title..no?

EDIT: Oh he is on 5.5/6!! No chance he can blow it now!!! What a performance. 🙂
  4. Joined
    27 Apr '07
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 14:06
    How old is he?
  5. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 14:25
    Originally posted by SmittyTime
    How old is he?
    http://lmgtfy.com/?q=%22Samuel+Sevian%22
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    17 Dec '14 19:47
    Originally posted by SmittyTime
    How old is he?
    "Youngest-ever American Chess Grandmaster crowned in St. Louis

Posted 12:04 pm, November 23, 2014, by Staff Writer, Updated at 12:15pm, November 23, 2014

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI)- It’s a new low for chess’ highest achievement. On Saturday at the Chess Club and Scholastic Center of Saint Louis, 13-year-old Sam Sevian completed the final requirement to earn the title of Grandmaster, the highest title a chess player can attain.

He is now the youngest American Grandmaster in history. Sevian is 13 years, 10 months and 27 days. The previous record was 14 years, 11 months and 16 days set by Webster University student Ray Robson.

Sevian, who is from Boston, had already completed his three “norms”, or superior performances in high-level tournaments, required by FIDE, the World Chess Federation. He just needed to top a strength rating of 2500 to earn the Grandmaster title. He was just 16 points shy of the mark when he arrived in St. Louis Friday to compete in the CCSCSL Invitational. He won his first four games giving him the points needed.

Once you earn Grandmaster status, you have it for life. The CCSCSL Invitational continues through Tuesday afternoon.

Also at the Chess Club right now, $100,000 match dubbed the Showdown in Saint Louis between two of the world’s top-ten players, GM Levon Aronian and GM Hikaru Nakamura." For more information, visit www.uschesschamps.com.

http://fox2now.com/2014/11/23/youngest-ever-american-chess-grandmaster-crowned-in-st-louis/
  7. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 03:12
    I am only learning now about what any of this means. Is this young teenager able to play or is he good enough to play for a world title against Adults? Is he that good? Forgive my ignorance. How do I look at some of his games? That was a great post and good of you to share with everyone. 🙂
  8. SubscriberVESPIN
    RIP Mghrn55
    United States
    Moves
    20 Dec '14 03:44
    Here is another link to the site with this young player in Chess History to be the youngest person ever to reach this status. Also, it shows many of his games if you wish to watch any of them. I enjoy watching games. It is amazing to watch brilliant minds like this.

http://www.chessgames.com/player/samuel_sevian.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree