1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 15:18
    http://rt.com/usa/199883-irs-structuring-civil-asset-forfeiture/

Apparently banks are reporting suspicious activity to the government. This means that if you consistently deposit money under $10,000, but in large amounts, the government has the right to seize it.

There are no warnings. In fact, by law they can't warn you.

They say this is designed to thwart criminals. More than likely their thinking is that anyone with money must be making it illegally, because making money legally these days is damn near impossible.

Not to worry though, I'm sure the IRS will do a swell job being in charge of our health care.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 15:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://rt.com/usa/199883-irs-structuring-civil-asset-forfeiture/

Apparently banks are reporting suspicious activity to the government. This means that if you consistently deposit money under $10,000, but in large amounts, the government has the right to seize it.

There are no warnings. In fact, by law they can't warn you.

They say this is designed ...[text shortened]...

Not to worry though, I'm sure the IRS will do a swell job being in charge of our health care.
    were you equally buthurt when bush introduced the patriot act? or you are only championing civil liberties when obama breaks them?
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 15:261 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    were you equally buthurt when bush introduced the patriot act? or you are only championing civil liberties when obama breaks them?
    So the IRS is violating the rights of it's citizens and it's the fault of Bush?

Ok, I play along. So let's lynch him!! 😠

Incidentally, if Jeb runs he will get lynched.

Just say'in.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    28 Oct '14 16:54
    Damn, I guess that means you must now launder your money differently, whodey.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 00:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Damn, I guess that means you must now launder your money differently, whodey.
    But these people are innocent, and the IRS does not care.

They stole their money.
  6. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 01:38
    But these people are innocent, and the IRS does not care.

They stole their money.
    Sounds like tyranny to me.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 02:55
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Sounds like tyranny to me.
    One man's tyranny is another's utopia.
  8. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 03:37
    One man's tyranny is another's utopia.
    Page Orwell !!
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 03:46
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Page Orwell !!
    Did he say that as well?

I can just hear him, "I tried to tell you idiots!!"
  10. Germany
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 06:37
    So I was curious what this story was about, and decided to look from a perspective a bit... different from Russian state propaganda.

There is a law called the Bank Secrecy Act, passed during the Nixon administration, which obligates citizens to file a "Currency transaction report" to the IRS for deposits in a single business day exceeding $10,000. The goal of this is to tackle money laundering and tax evasion. Amusingly, the last time this law was amended was as part of the... wait for it... Patriot Act.

Now why would anyone make many payments of just under $10,000 in a short time if not to avoid filing a CTR to the IRS? Answer: they wouldn't. But I guess in whodey's world, people who steal money did nothing wrong.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 07:42
    This means that if you consistently deposit money under $10,000, but in large amounts, the government has the right to seize it.
    Actually the government has the right to seize just about anything, and that is nothing new.

YouTube
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 08:24
    So the IRS is violating the rights of it's citizens and it's the fault of Bush?

Ok, I play along. So let's lynch him!! 😠

Incidentally, if Jeb runs he will get lynched.

Just say'in.
    do you have problems comprehending what you read?

i didn't say the IRS was bush fault. i was just pointing out a nasty trend you and people like you seem to be following which is to blame obama for every little thing that is wrong with your country.

did you just now grow a conscience? do you just now realize something is wrong with your country?

i joined this forum in 2005 and i don't recall you starting an anti - bush thread every day .
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 08:28
    that being said, yes this news is scary as hell, and yes you should do something about it.
  14. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 08:29
    do you have problems comprehending what you read?

i didn't say the IRS was bush fault. i was just pointing out a nasty trend you and people like you seem to be following which is to blame obama for every little thing that is wrong with your country.

did you just now grow a conscience? do you just now realize something is wrong with your country?

i joined this forum in 2005 and i don't recall you starting an anti - bush thread every day .
    Ooops, dolt boy, who bought up 'obama'?

Who is the only one who mentioned obama or bush?

Can you show us where whodey blamed obama?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Oct '14 10:40
    [b]do you have problems comprehending what you read?
    Pot meet kettle.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree