1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Oct '14 23:50
    I've been criticized here for being too negative, especially when it comes to the President. However, today I've decided to turn over a new leaf. Today I am celebrating President Obama's shining achievement while in office.

That's right, today was his 200th game of golf!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/10/12/obama-achieves-milestone-that-some-consider-symbolic-of-his-presidency/
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 00:27
    I have to say, Obama is pretty good at golf.

Why you may ask? Well the object of golf is to smash the hell out of a little white ball while, at the same time, trying to micromanage and control the trajectory the best you can with the full knowledge that in the end you will cause it to disappear down a little black hole.

Barak was born to do this.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 00:301 edit
    If I were president, I would confiscate all golf courses around the country and build government housing projects......just to see the expression on Obama's face.

The only question would be, who would get me first, the IRS or a drone?
  4. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 01:59
    Originally posted by whodey

Why you may ask? Well the object of golf is to smash the hell out of a little white ball while, at the same time, trying to micromanage and control the trajectory the best you can with the full knowledge that in the end you will cause it to disappear down a little black hole.

Congrats on turning over a new leaf. 😀
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 02:15
    Does whodey write himself little notes and leave them around the house?
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    13 Oct '14 12:26
    Originally posted by whodey

Did you make that up? If so, it's not bad.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Oct '14 22:182 edits
    Originally posted by sh76
    Did you make that up? If so, it's not bad.
    Thanks.

Yes I did, and stop making me blush sh. 😳
  8. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '14 21:43
    I love golfing.... I've often felt it was my addiction.

Im a 52 year old man... an engineer a full time job...my kids are out of the house(successful college grads).....

I don't know how someone who has a full time job and a family can play 33 rounds a year. Golf takes a long time to play...... There is no way a President should have that much free time .... and also have a family with 2 small children... when my kids were small I was lucky to get out a half dozen times a year.
  9. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Oct '14 02:04
    Eisenhower played almost 800 rounds of golf over 8 years, and Woodrow Wilson played nearly 1200 rounds in two terms.
  10. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 13:04
    I don't believe they had grade school children at the time..... Maybe all presidents are slackers.

I just read a report that the president has spent more time golfing than in national security daily briefings
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 14:051 edit
    Originally posted by pete3246
    I don't believe they had grade school children at the time..... Maybe all presidents are slackers.

I just read a report that the president has spent more time golfing than in national security daily briefings
    Unsurprising. National security briefings probably only consume a few minutes a day. One 5 hour golf trip probably takes as much time as 15 or 20 security briefings. Security briefings are also one of a zillion tasks the President does while golf is probably his primary form of recreation.

I don't see the big deal.
  12. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 14:06
    Originally posted by pete3246
    I love golfing.... I've often felt it was my addiction.

Im a 52 year old man... an engineer a full time job...my kids are out of the house(successful college grads).....

I don't know how someone who has a full time job and a family can play 33 rounds a year. Golf takes a long time to play...... There is no way a President should have that much free t ...[text shortened]... th 2 small children... when my kids were small I was lucky to get out a half dozen times a year.
    What's the big deal? He has his choice of entertainment. Is one excursion of your choice for leisure per week a lot?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 14:07
    I heard that President Eisenhower also had a putting green installed on the White House lawn. There is supposed to be an inground swimming pool, a tennis court, and a half basketball court outside the White house too. President Nixion is supposed to have had a one lane bowling alley built in the basement and there is also a pool table for recreational purposes.
  14. Germany
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 14:37
    How dare Obama have a hobby!
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    19 Oct '14 15:02
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    How dare Obama have a hobby!
    Whodey keeps wanting Big Government out of his life, but when the president takes the hint and takes a break from interfering with whodeys life, whodey misses him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree