1. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 16:16
    When I start a new game, I always get a notice stating game accepted by so and so in my email box. Is there any way I can eliminate this notification?
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 17:50
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    When I start a new game, I always get a notice stating game accepted by so and so in my email box. Is there any way I can eliminate this notification?
    My settings
    My email settings
    Alerts -untick the boxes
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 18:30
    Originally posted by venda
    My settings
    My email settings
    Alerts -untick the boxes
    Thanks for your response Venda. Those two boxes are unticked however, and they concern move notifications, not game acceptance. Theres got to be something else, at least I hope there is! Rgds Bob
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 18:51
    Originally posted by Bobla45
    Thanks for your response Venda. Those two boxes are unticked however, and they concern move notifications, not game acceptance. Theres got to be something else, at least I hope there is! Rgds Bob
    I think this has been brought up before and there is no option to turn that particular email notification off.

I seem to remember someone said you can put in a phony email on the email settings page to stop them but I don't know if that is acceptable or not, or if it even works. Plus doing that could mess you up if you download pgn files or anything else from this site.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '02
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 21:27
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I think this has been brought up before and there is no option to turn that particular email notification off.

I seem to remember someone said you can put in a phony email on the email settings page to stop them but I don't know if that is acceptable or not, or if it even works. Plus doing that could mess you up if you download pgn files or anything else from this site.
    Okay thank you, maybe one day Russ can offer that option.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 19:09
    These can't be turned off, a legacy decision that needs to be sorted out.

The entire notification system needs to be overhauled, as email use has declined and people may prefer notifications using another medium.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree