1. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 11:363 edits
    I've been experimenting a little with the Catalan this morning and just won quite a nice game that i thought i'd share. There are a lot of very interesting continuations towards the end, any suggestions for improvement..?

2. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 14:202 edits
    Hm, Isn't it Neo-Grunfeld in nowadays classification?
    Nevertheless, after Black lost Pawn it was difficult for him.
    Maybe 23... Bd5 was better instead of Bf8 and after 24. Ne4 Qe7 and later try some trick to save the game. White has comfortable Pawn+

edit No2:: ...dxc4 can be criticised: Black should have maintained xd5.
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 15:451 edit
    Originally posted by vandervelde
    Hm, Isn't it Neo-Grunfeld in nowadays classification?
    Nevertheless, after Black lost Pawn it was difficult for him.
    Maybe 23... Bd5 was better instead of Bf8 and after 24. Ne4 Qe7 and later try some trick to save the game. White has comfortable Pawn+

edit No2:: ...dxc4 can be criticised: Black should have maintained xd5.
    23.Bd5 loses to Qxd5 (though i only saw this after the game, i was expecting ..Bd5 there also..)

I think dxc4 is theory. I've definitely seen Kramnik on the white side of this position. Possibly Aronian also... I seem to remember Kramnik winning a great game in this line, it might have been against Carlsen actually..
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Aug '14 15:48
    Of course, I was blind. 😳
  5. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    31 Aug '14 12:38
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    ... I seem to remember Kramnik winning a great game in this line, it might have been against Carlsen actually..
    This is the game i was thinking of, it's not that same variation is my game but black plays ..dxc4. It's a really good game actually, the way white deals with the isolation of his b-pawn is very instructive. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree