1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 20:082 edits
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-evacuates-embassy-libya-amid-clashes-115645465--politics.html

Libya appears to be dissolving into anarchy and violence. Now instead of sending in the troops like they did last time, Obama and his UN are withdrawing.

Is it fair to say that neither the UN nor Obama care anything about the welfare of the Libyan people, rather, their only goal was political in removing Gaddafi?

Lastly, as we see Iraq dissolve in similar chaos after the US has withdrawn, is it possible that there is a method to the madness? Could the US be intentionally making regions in the Muslim world unstable in the hopes that they break down into violence and create a perpetual killing zone?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 20:32
    The US participated in the NATO mission to enforce the no-fly zone over Libya. Its contribution was significant but by no means decisive. You are vastly overstating the role of the US in overthrowing Gaddafi. The role of the UN was even more insignificant and is mostly limited to the Security Council resolution approving sanctions against Libya, and that resolution was violated by some members of the NATO coalition who provided more aid to the rebels than was allowed by the resolution.
  3. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 20:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/us-evacuates-embassy-libya-amid-clashes-115645465--politics.html

Libya appears to be dissolving into anarchy and violence. Now instead of sending in the troops like they did last time, Obama and his UN are withdrawing.

Is it fair to say that neither the UN nor Obama care anything about the welfare of the Libyan people, rather, the ...[text shortened]... ld unstable in the hopes that they break down into violence and create a perpetual killing zone?
    They say that the withdrawal is temporary. It's not reasonable to expect the embassy staff to stay there under the current conditions. However, I agree that the current conditions are the West's fault. By arming rebel groups in Syria and depriving Gadaffi's regime of air power the West succeeded in changing the democracy movement into military insurgencies. Now, what with the Ukrainian crisis and the crisis in the Gaza strip they have rather more to deal with than they can, and no clear strategy.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 20:47
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The US participated in the NATO mission to enforce the no-fly zone over Libya. Its contribution was significant but by no means decisive. You are vastly overstating the role of the US in overthrowing Gaddafi. The role of the UN was even more insignificant and is mostly limited to the Security Council resolution approving sanctions against Libya, and tha ...[text shortened]... rs of the NATO coalition who provided more aid to the rebels than was allowed by the resolution.
    No fly zone?

Is that why they were mercilessly bombarding in and around where they though Gaddafi was located?

I thought a no fly zone simply shot down air craft that should not be flying.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 20:49
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    They say that the withdrawal is temporary. It's not reasonable to expect the embassy staff to stay there under the current conditions. However, I agree that the current conditions are the West's fault. By arming rebel groups in Syria and depriving Gadaffi's regime of air power the West succeeded in changing the democracy movement into military insurge ...[text shortened]... risis in the Gaza strip they have rather more to deal with than they can, and no clear strategy.
    If Obama had his way, the same thing would be happening in Syria and probably Israel.

Just remove any regime in power and watch anarchy create a killing zone for undesirables.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Jul '14 20:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 07:34

Is it fair to say that neither the UN nor Obama care anything about the welfare of the Libyan people, rather, the ...[text shortened]... ld unstable in the hopes that they break down into violence and create a perpetual killing zone?
    Last time I checked Whodey, there was nothing in our constitution that said America must prop up every country in the world that was dissolving into anarchy and violence. Would Libya run to America's rescue if we were facing the same situation? I think not! Get your head out of the sand Whodey and consider America does not have the resources to police the world.😲
  8. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 07:54
    Originally posted by bill718
    Last time I checked Whodey, there was nothing in our constitution that said America must prop up every country in the world that was dissolving into anarchy and violence. Would Libya run to America's rescue if we were facing the same situation? I think not! Get your head out of the sand Whodey and consider America does not have the resources to police the world.😲
    unless there was oil or a military base they needed.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 12:43
    Originally posted by redbadger
    unless there was oil or a military base they needed.
    Don't make him think, it just torchers the poor soul.
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 13:251 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    Well no, but then again the Libyans probably wouldn't create the situation by establishing a no fly zone and attacking ground targets in order to oust the US government either.
  11. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 13:35
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Well no, but then again the Libyans probably wouldn't create the situation by establishing a no fly zone and attacking ground targets in order to oust the US government either.
    Stop it!

Do you want his head to explode? 😲
  12. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 13:46
    Stop it!

Do you want his head to explode? 😲
    lets face it the UK & USA has managed to undermine the whole Islamic world.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 14:02
    Originally posted by redbadger
    lets face it the UK & USA has managed to undermine the whole Islamic world.
    I say they have not given up on Syria, and just wait till they abandon Afghanistan.

The fun is just beginning.
  14. Standard memberredbadger
    Suzzie says Badger
    is Racist Bastard
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 14:06
    I say they have not given up on Syria, and just wait till they abandon Afghanistan.

The fun is just beginning.
    its not fun Bush and Blair should be in prison for war crimes.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 14:35

I think it is likely there is a method to their madness. Sometimes puppets don't cooperate like they are told and the opposition is armed to compel obedience from the puppet gone independent.

The CIA often works covertly to accomplish the agenda of imperialism. That is probably preferred to overt military action. Just take Iraq, for example. The USA has drones and planes there to protect the military advisers they sent there. Obama didn't send anywhere near the amount of advisers Al Maliki requested, so the military aircraft are there just in case things don't go as planned, not only to protect the advisers as they say. If Obama didn't like ISIS doing what they are, those military aircraft would be bombing ISIS.
    I get amused when people accept that the enemy to Syria and Iran is also the enemy to the USA. I also get amused when the US news media reports that "even al qaeda disavowed the ISIS because they are so extreme". Really? What has the ISIS done that is any worse than what al qaeda has done? Would Daniel Pearl say that? I don't think so.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree