1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 21:10
    A minor actress from Texas was sentenced Wednesday to 18 years in prison for sending ricin-tainted letters to President Obama, former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and the head of his gun-control group.

Shannon Guess Richardson, 36, was also ordered to pay $367,000 restitution as part of a plea bargain for pleading guilty in December to one count of developing, producing, possessing and transferring a biological agent for use as a weapon. She bought the materials — castor bean seeds and lye — online.

The FBI arrested her in June 2013 after she was indicted by a federal grand jury. Shegave birth the next month while in jail.

Richardson mailed three letters in May 2013 from her home in New Boston, near Texarkana, and then drove to a Shreveport, La., police station to implicate her estranged husband, who had filed for divorce. She told the FBI she did not think the letters would be opened because of security measures.

"What's in this letter is nothing compared to what ive got in store for you mr president," read the letter to Obama. "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns. Anyone wants to come to my house will get shot in the face."

ttp://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/16/texas-ricin-actress-sentenced/12744681/
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    25 Jul '14 22:30
    Originally posted by vivify
    A minor actress from Texas was sentenced Wednesday to 18 years in prison for sending ricin-tainted letters to President Obama, former New York mayor Michael Bloomberg and the head of his gun-control group.

Shannon Guess Richardson, 36, was also ordered to pay $367,000 restitution as part of a plea bargain for pleading guilty in December to one count of dev ...[text shortened]... "

ttp://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/07/16/texas-ricin-actress-sentenced/12744681/
    Was the motive to implicate her estranged husband in a serious crime, or was he just the alibi?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree