1. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 23:3721 edits
    This is just a test to see how things work with PGN and annotation.

Partial Game Test: - Kasparov Vs. Karpov
  2. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 00:121 edit
    Everyone, please tell me how I can improve my PGN presentations with annotations included. This is just a short demonstration since I am cutting my teeth on this method of presentation.

I am doing this because I want to present a game of mine on RHP with my comments so that I can see if I am accurate with my analysis, learn to play better from my own analysis, and get information from other players that can help me improve.
  3. e4
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 00:27
    You posted and it worked. Just go for it.
    (I'd not use what other writers say too much- it works better with what you think.)
    Go for it.
  4. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 00:50
    GreenPawn,
    Thanks for replying here. I hope to put up my game in not too much longer. As for my having the sense that you have, I can't count on that when it comes to chess ๐Ÿ™‚ Also, thanks for your trying to help me build a PGN and demonstration. On my later demonstration, I want to add time and place and outcome in the pgn.

As for annotation, I don't want to be too wordy or too little descriptive. If you can give me any other pointers when doing a presentation about my own game, feel free.
  5. Subscribermoonbus
    รœber-Nerd
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 07:18
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Everyone, please tell me how I can improve my PGN presentations with annotations included. This is just a short demonstration since I am cutting my teeth on this method of presentation.

I am doing this because I want to present a game of mine on RHP with my comments so that I can see if I am accurate with my analysis, learn to play better from my own analysis, and get information from other players that can help me improve.
    It looks like you've got the basic mechanics worked out for manipulating the PGN editor.

As for content: have a look at other annotated games here at this forum. You'll soon see who does good annotations and who doesn't. What makes for good reading are your thoughts and plans, and especially positional assessments (such as "White's isolani is less of a burden than Black's weakened king-side..." ) ; whereas plowing through long variations (if ... exd then Bg7, dxc; Nh1 ..... bla bla ) is tedious.
  6. e4
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 12:581 edit
    Moonbus is right.

If you you must put in a variation more than two moves long and you feel
    it cannot be left out do another PGN.

Something like:

{23.KxB fails to Ng4+ see the next PGN for a wonderful finish.}

Regarding phases and speech in notes.
    Do your own thing. As long as it makes sense and you can understand it.
    If your opponent has a cool RHP name - (Mad Rook).
    Use it - 'Black has lost a Rook I bet that made him Mad!'
    'Mad Rook's Rooks on the 7th were drivinh me Mad.' etc etc.

Go for it, have fun, nobody is going to hang you - you won't get banned.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 15:281 edit
    Originally posted by greenpawn34
    Go for it, have fun, nobody is going to hang you
    You're always trying to spoil my fun. ๐Ÿ˜ 
  8. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 19:22
    Hey All,
    I made one error in my PGN presentation with the annotation, but not with the PGN moves.

In annotation I typed that Kasparov played Nc3 on move 21, but I should have typed that move 21 for Kasparov was Nd2.
  9. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 20:322 edits
    This is test #2 which includes more moves within PGN and annotation.

Partial Game Test: - Kasparov Vs. Karpov
  10. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 21:2211 edits
    Test 3 - Deleted

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree