1. Joined
    11 Oct '13
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 16:00
    It aggravates me when players far behind in a game let the time expire rather than resign. It slows things down and is inconsiderate.
  2. Joined
    17 Nov '12
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 16:07
    Fascinating.
  3. Joined
    11 Oct '13
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 16:34
    Glad you find it so
  4. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 18:132 edits
    Originally posted by baycityroller
    It aggravates me when players far behind in a game let the time expire rather than resign. It slows things down and is inconsiderate.
    Finally had it happen in 10 years of online chess. A guy took all 28 days of his vacation to postpone the loss. (Not on this site)

Edit: Think of it this way. They are so upset by the loss that they won't move. So they see that same lost position every single time they check their games. It's like a splinter in their mind, driving them mad. Or, if they don't actually check their games, even time the thought occurs to them to get online and check their games, they'll remember that they have that lost position again.

I tend to take it as a compliment when a loss disturbs an opponent that much. 🙂
  5. New Jersey
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 18:32
    I can empathize with you. I limit myself to only 20 active games at a time. Having one stuck pending a clear ending is a pain. Is why I resign clearly lost positions rather than dragging them out.
  6. Joined
    11 Oct '13
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 19:18
    It is particularly annoying to the non-member because there is a limit on the number of games that can be played at a time
  7. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    16 Apr '14 20:44
    Is there a term for a person who delays moving in an online CC chess game because they are losing? I don't think there is an actual term for this behavior, so I think it's apropo for me to do so.
    From henceforth they shall be called PRICKS.
    That is all
  8. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 00:14
    I'm getting old- I don't remember signing the first time.😳
  9. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 01:381 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Finally had it happen in 10 years of online chess. A guy took all 28 days of his vacation to postpone the loss. (Not on this site)

Edit: Think of it this way. They are so upset by the loss that they won't move. So they see that same lost position every single time they check their games. It's like a splinter in their mind, driving them mad. Or, if the ...[text shortened]... ition again.

I tend to take it as a compliment when a loss disturbs an opponent that much. 🙂
    Lol, With one move to go I would just do a conditional move just in case they move and you're not around to make the last move to checkmate. Once someone offered a draw right before I checkmated but I had done a conditional move so it didn't work, but I wouldn't accept it anyways.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 01:40
    It is particularly annoying to the non-member because there is a limit on the number of games that can be played at a time
    Correction non-paying members 😉
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 01:42
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Is there a term for a person who delays moving in an online CC chess game because they are losing? I don't think there is an actual term for this behavior, so I think it's apropo for me to do so.
    From henceforth they shall be called PRICKS.
    That is all
    Technically they have a right to do so and move at the last minute possible but that's not really good Chess etiquette.
  12. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 01:54
    Remember, your chief weapons are fear and surprise. And a fanatical devotion to the pope.

Would RHP be better with a 'poke with soft cushions' feature? I guess we're already sitting in comfy chairs, so that would be a pointless add-on.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    17 Apr '14 05:02
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    Remember, your chief weapons are fear and surprise. And a fanatical devotion to the pope.

Would RHP be better with a 'poke with soft cushions' feature? I guess we're already sitting in comfy chairs, so that would be a pointless add-on.
    We have the "send reminder" function which is equivalent to "poke with a soft cushion".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree