1. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 18:08
    the board only offers me to any move other than taking his queen, which would loose me the game, but it does have the claim draw button on ... the only thing i can think of is that taking his queen will result in a stalemate ... however, when i hit the claim draw button, it says i must also make a move (still wont let me take the queen) and it says all bad claims would be ignored, moving any other piece will result in a loss ...

2. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 18:20
    Are you in check? Would you be exposing yourself to check if you capture his Queen?
  3. Joined
    18 Feb '10
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 18:324 edits
    Game 10874649

I think I see what you mean - you've got confused and think that Black is moving up the table! 61. ... Qe8 was actually a horrible, queen-losing, blunder because your f-pawn can't recapture - it stands on f7 (its starting square), not on f2 or c2.
  4. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 18:41
    yep. got it now, thanks, boy do i feel the fool
  5. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 18:453 edits
    Originally posted by doug989
    the board only offers me to any move other than taking his queen, which would loose me the game, but it does have the claim draw button on ... the only thing i can think of is that taking his queen will result in a stalemate ... however, when i hit the claim draw button, it says i must also make a move (still wont let me take the queen) and it says all bad claims would be ignored, moving any other piece will result in a loss ...

I quickly went though each of your games looking at the info thing. The only game which fits the description would involve taking with a pawn but pawn moves are in the other direction. Have you got the board flipped?

Edit: Ah I see datafly got there first. But edited his post, originally it didn't have the answer in it.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Dec '14 13:49
    yep, it was a totally stupid blunder, yes, i thought i was moving the other way ....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree