1. Joined
    24 Aug '11
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 09:34
    Since about a week I have problems loading chess at work - it does not stop loading and never appears; I have to press my bookmark of the site twice or thrice until it pops up. Same if I go to subsites , like analyze game or my games or anything. The site does not even change when I made a move but hangs on, even though when I escape by going to my home site and back into chess at work, they have received my move. Chess at work is the only site showing this problem, otherwise my computer seems ok. I wonder if it is to do with the adverts, that some of their stuff might get blocked by my system so that blocks everything else (I am a standard user)? Even though I have not actively blocked any adverts. Any idea what it is and how to fix it?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    27 Mar '14 09:39
    Originally posted by Naneth
    Since about a week I have problems loading chess at work - it does not stop loading and never appears; I have to press my bookmark of the site twice or thrice until it pops up. Same if I go to subsites , like analyze game or my games or anything. The site does not even change when I made a move but hangs on, even though when I escape by going to my home site ...[text shortened]... er)? Even though I have not actively blocked any adverts. Any idea what it is and how to fix it?
    I can't reproduce the problem.

Desktop, Win7, IE9

Probably it helps if you give your system configuration.

Also sometimes it helps to clear the cache.
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    28 Mar '14 12:03
    You could also -
    1. try a different skin (such as timeforchess.com)
    2. try a different computer, preferably not one on the same network

This could help to identify the location of the problem.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree