1. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 00:13
    trap their king in a corner so they can only shuffle back and forth. then cue up a bunch of conditional moves - the more the better. (don't forget to move a pawn every 50 moves.) then you will find out if they truly never resign. heck, they may even learn how to do it after this.
  2. e4
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 02:47
    If I was 100% sure my opponent was not going to resign I might indulge in something like this.

First cut down his options by leaving him to play Kg8-h8 etc. whilst I set up...

.....a position akin to this.

Play would go...

3. Joined
    11 Oct '04
    Moves
    04 Oct '14 18:572 edits
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    trap their king in a corner so they can only shuffle back and forth. then cue up a bunch of conditional moves - the more the better. (don't forget to move a pawn every 50 moves.) then you will find out if they truly never resign. heck, they may even learn how to do it after this.
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=148235&page=&page=28

4 posts from bottom. Six years according to SG.

Conditional moves are a bad idea though, as they are played immediately. Much better to wait until the end of the timeout each time!
  4. Standard memberAmaurote
    No Name Maddox
    County Doledrum
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 12:431 edit
    I have no problem with this. The way I see it, if I'm winning a game and my opponent won't resign, I have a pleasing, optimistic and future-facing picture to look at every time I log in, whereas he just has a picture of his imminent defeat. If it was left to me, I wouldn't let any of my defeated opponents resign, whereas my own resignations would take place in nanoseconds, with a nanosecond superadded to inform my opponent that it was a "gg lol".
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    05 Oct '14 22:13
    Originally posted by Rank outsider
    http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=148235&page=&page=28

4 posts from bottom. Six years according to SG.

Conditional moves are a bad idea though, as they are played immediately. Much better to wait until the end of the timeout each time!
    I just like the thought of my opponent thinking he's going to be able to move and then go away for awhile, only to find it's always still his move. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree