Originally posted by lemondrop
    the clan scoring method should be changed
    why?
    why do closely fought matches end with the loser getting nothing
    it just doesn't make sense
    it puts way to much importance, at times, on a single game
    won't someone get back to me?
    or am I just wasting my time?
    You're probably wasting your time my friend.
    I see you are quite a newcomer to the site.
    When I joined in 2010 there was a debate raging in the forums regarding the scoring system.
    I can't remember all the arguments but the system remained the same.
    I think different methods had been tried and rejected in earlier years.
    Perhaps your post will re-ignite the debates -but I doubt it.
  3. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 15:111 edit
    the clan scoring method should be changed
    why?
    why do closely fought matches end with the loser getting nothing
    it just doesn't make sense
    it puts way to much importance, at times, on a single game
    won't someone get back to me?
    or am I just wasting my time?
    A closely fought game of chess ends with the loser getting nothing, I don't see why clan scoring should be any different.

If there is a problem with the scoring it's that the system rewards quantity over quality. Whoever sends out/accepts the most challenges wins, bonus points for sending lopsided matches.

If it where up to me I'd give far less points for clan matches and give lots of points based on clan leagues placings.

Edit: Also, this thread belongs in the clan forum.
  4. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 15:57
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47
    A closely fought game of chess ends with the loser getting nothing, I don't see why clan scoring should be any different.

If there is a problem with the scoring it's that the system rewards quantity over quality. Whoever sends out/accepts the most challenges wins, bonus points for sending lopsided matches.

If it where up to me I'd give far less ...[text shortened]... of points based on clan leagues placings.

I am not very well liked in the clan forum and felt that posting here would get a better response without any name calling
  5. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 16:532 edits
    Originally posted by KnightStalker47

If it where up to me I'd give far less ...[text shortened]... of points based on clan leagues placings.

why you don't see the difference between a single game and a clan match is puzzling
    a clan match ending 10-9.5 leaves the losing clan team with no points, the same as if the match ended 20-0
    the winning clan would get 20 points in both cases and the losing clan 0 points in both cases
    does that seem fair to you?
  6. Standard memberbyedidia
    Mister Why
    San Carlos, CA
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 17:04
    why you don't see the difference between a single game and a clan match is puzzling
    a clan match ending 10-9.5 leaves the losing clan team with no points, the same as if the match ended 20-0
    the winning clan would get 20 points in both cases and the losing clan 0 points in both cases
    Yup. That's sports.
  7. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 17:111 edit
    Yes, it seems fair to me.

I doesn't matter if you lose by a mile or an inch, a lose is a lose. Sure you may have won both your games in the match, but it's a team game, win as a team lose as a team.

If yer not first yer last 😛
  8. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 18:35
    alright, thanks guys
  9. Subscriberroma45
    st johnstone
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 22:30
    its like a football game...win 1-0 or 30-0...you only get three points...same in tennis 6-4 or 6-0 you only get one set...

why not the next time you want to send a 10 man challenge...send 10 individual 1 man challenges...the downside...some clan leaders will only accept the ones in thier favour
  10. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 00:25
    One clan wins, and one clan loses. Perhaps the scoring should simply be 1, .05, or 0.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree