1. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Dec '14 02:45
    Hi..is there any way to display the board with the White pieces on bottom (at all times). I have come very comfortable with viewing on-line games with white pieces in front of me...Black pieces on top. I would like to default this for EVERY game that comes on the screen.
  2. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    08 Dec '14 04:09
    this has to be the easiest request ever and some techie will surely provide an solution soon.

the odd thing is why you wouldn't just go ahead and play black from the black bottom view. I am not asking, that's irrelevant.

anyway, just to cover the bases for the moment, you know that there's a "flip board" button on the menu box on the right, yes?
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '14
    Moves
    08 Dec '14 14:29
    Thanks ..yes I should have included "without having to use the flip board feature". It's just S-O-O-O annoying to have to flip the board every time ! Life is full of many hardships !
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    08 Dec '14 15:50
    Originally posted by woadman
    Thanks ..yes I should have included "without having to use the flip board feature". It's just S-O-O-O annoying to have to flip the board every time ! Life is full of many hardships !
    So if I understand your posts correctly you want to see the white pieces at the bottom at all times, regardless of what color you are playing?

That does seem unnatural but I suspect it could be programmed in as an option under "My Settings". The "flip board" option already works so perhaps that routine could be coded to just keep white at the bottom at all times.

Since Russ is the "Code Monkey" here, you will need to convince him to do that so just send a feedback and see what happens. The feedback link is at the bottom of each page. Good Luck.
  5. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 01:39
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    So if I understand your posts correctly you want to see the white pieces at the bottom at all times, regardless of what color you are playing?

That does seem unnatural but I suspect it could be programmed in as an option under "My Settings". The "flip board" option already works so perhaps that routine could be coded to just keep white at the bottom at ...[text shortened]... nd a feedback and see what happens. The feedback link is at the bottom of each page. Good Luck.
    yeah, but this site is loaded with code monkeys that love doing these features and providing the add ons.

i, however, am challenged by logging in, so a short wait will be required

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree