1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 08:34
    those that believe in the global flood justify it by saying "well everybody was evil, the world had to end".

so what does that mean?

let's consider that being evil means you are being evil towards someone else. i don't care much if what you do is not affecting anyone. i don't care if you have evil thoughts if you don't act on them.

so one being evil means there is at least one other, weaker than him, that is being a victim. that victim must be evil towards another victim, weaker than him. the chain follows until we get to people who are too weak to be evil towards anyone.

who can they terrorize? their children? why? what about the children themselves? who are they evil towards? can they even be evil?

also, if everyone is busy being evil, who has time to raise animals and crops? who has time to build stuff?

noah build a big ass boat and nothing happened to him. they didn't even steal his hammer.

the conclusion is that god destroyed a LOT of victims in the global flood.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 08:34
    ooops, meant this to go in the spirituality forum.

my bad
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 10:48
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    ooops, meant this to go in the spirituality forum.

my bad
    Take it away then noddy.

What is evil? The initiation of force, threats of force and fraud.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 10:54
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Take it away then noddy.

What is evil? The initiation of force, threats of force and fraud.
    Evil is wanting a free market, opposing abortion, defending a Zionist state, and fighting illegal immigration.

Everything else is enlightenment. 😛
  5. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 12:33
    All I know is that in the movie Noah, with Russel Crowe, there were rock monsters which were kinda cool. Other than that the movie sucked and Noah was an a-hole. This is my contribution to this thread. You're welcome.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 14:37
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    All I know is that in the movie Noah, with Russel Crowe, there were rock monsters which were kinda cool. Other than that the movie sucked and Noah was an a-hole. This is my contribution to this thread. You're welcome.
    I thought it was great when Noah killed that prick Roman Emperor in the Colosseum.
  7. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    21 Aug '15 15:22
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I thought it was great when Noah killed that prick Roman Emperor in the Colosseum.
    Yeah and when he won the title fight against Max Baer. Noah was badass like that.
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    25 Aug '15 21:333 edits
    I had an exchange with "Jaywill" on Spirituality some years ago on this topic and was advised that the human race had to be destroyed in The Flood because, apart from Noah and his immediate family, the entire human race had become inter-bred with foul demons / fallen angels known as Nephilim. So really it was not people that died in The Flood but half demons and The Flood saved humanity for another shot at salvation.

Why did God send the judgment of the Flood in the days of Noah? The strange events recorded in Genesis 6 were understood by the ancient rabbinical sources, as well as the Septuagint translators, as referring to fallen angels procreating weird hybrid offspring with human women-known as the Nephilim. This was far more than simply a historical issue, the unique events leading to the Flood are a prerequisite to understanding the prophetic implications of our Lord's predictions regarding His Second Coming. This is believed to have happened both before the Flood and after the flood. In Israel at the time of David, and before this when the Hebrews were scouting the land - there were tribes of these Nephilim - Goliath the giant of Gath is one example. Early Church fathers also understood this to be the case. It appears that these fallen angels were active all over the world. These bizarre giants living on the earth are also echoed in the legends and myths of nearly every ancient culture. The ancient Greeks, the Egyptians, the Hindus, the South Sea Islanders, the American Indians, and most all the others have these legends.

The Hebrew word Nephelim (plural of nephel) (Nephilim) literally means "rejects". The Hebrew plural for Nephites would be "Nephi'im".

Satan probably put this plan to interrupt Abraham's "seed into motion, as soon as it was made known that the Seed of the Woman (Christ) was to come through ABRAHAM.

Genesis 6:4 (Original KJV):
    There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Bible Probe Note: Note the words; "and also after that". This probably tells of two "irruptions" by Satan's seed. One before Noah's time and another after the flood. They were called “The Watchers” in The Book of Enoch.

Their descendents, called Nephilim (translated "giants" ), were monsters of iniquity; and being superhuman in size and in their wicked character, had to be destroyed. Was this the one and only object of the Flood?

Genesis 6:12 (Original KJV):
    And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.

Only Noah and his family had preserved their pedigree pure from Adam (Genesis 6:9). All the rest had become "corrupt" (shachath). The only remedy was to destroy it defacto (Latin for "in fact" ), as it had become defacto destroyed.

This irruption of fallen angels before Noah's day was probably Satan's first attempt to prevent the coming of the "Seed of the woman" foretold in Genesis 3:15. If this could be accomplished, God's Word would have failed, and Satan's own doom would be averted.

Genesis 3:15 (Original KJV):
    And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.
    also see Isaiah 7:14
    [One has to appreciate that little bit of Latin translation - defacto ! ] http://www.bibleprobe.com/nephilim.htm

Obviously this is madness cubed but I was assured that Christianity and fidelity to the Bible demands acceptance of such material. More realistically, I would suggest that Christianity was never a true monotheist religion at all, but rather one in which the Christian God was perceived as more powerful than the others, who were redefined either as demons or angels, while humans instead of becoming gods could now become saints or evil spirits and influence us from beyond the grave for better or worse.
  9. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    26 Aug '15 00:14
    I was told by one of my Jewish yeshiva students that nephilim means "the fallen ones".
  10. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    28 Aug '15 03:04
    With guns! I seen it on Family Guy
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Aug '15 03:221 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    those that believe in the global flood justify it by saying "well everybody was evil, the world had to end".

so what does that mean?

let's consider that being evil means you are being evil towards someone else. i don't care much if what you do is not affecting anyone. i don't care if you have evil thoughts if you don't act on them.

so one being e ...[text shortened]... l his hammer.

the conclusion is that god destroyed a LOT of victims in the global flood.
    The evil was due to the fact that the Sons of God (the watching angels) saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful and they took all they pleased as wives and corrupted mankind to the point that they were thiking of evil things contrary to the will of God.

Only eight people were left unaffected by this corruption, and God had to save man at that time by destroying all the others and protecting these eight from corruption. He chose to bring a flood over all the earth as a way to destroy this evil and preserve a good line of descent for the Messiah to come.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watcher_(angel)
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Aug '15 18:19
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    The evil was due to the fact that the Sons of God (the watching angels) saw that the daughters of humans were beautiful and they took all they pleased as wives and corrupted mankind to the point that they were thiking of evil things contrary to the will of God.

Only eight people were left unaffected by this corruption, and God had to save man at that time ...[text shortened]... a good line of descent for the Messiah to come.

That seems to have been very poor planning for an omnipotent and omniscient God.

It's a bit more likely the story was lifted from pre-existing flood myths and modified to fit the peculiar beliefs of the Hebrews.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Aug '15 22:34
    That seems to have been very poor planning for an omnipotent and omniscient God.

It's a bit more likely the story was lifted from pre-existing flood myths and modified to fit the peculiar beliefs of the Hebrews.
    Why would someone who believes in evolution even think that God would have to do any planning at all, unless you are willingly ignorant? 😏
  14. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    28 Aug '15 22:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds

Only eight people were left unaffected by this corruption, and God had to save man at that time ...[text shortened]... a good line of descent for the Messiah to come.

Although it is a supposedly monotheistic religion, Christianity has an entire zoo of supernatural entities in continuous conflict with each other and continually intruding into the workings of this planet. It is quite a surprise that the Creation has managed to keep going against their continuous subversion. Christianity never even tried to exclude the pagan gods from its pantheon. The Christian God is simply the most powerful of them.

It is apparently necessary to sign up to this mad parallel universe as a condition of membership.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Aug '15 02:15
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Although it is a supposedly monotheistic religion, Christianity has an entire zoo of supernatural entities in continuous conflict with each other and continually intruding into the workings of this planet. It is quite a surprise that the Creation has managed to keep going against their continuous subversion. Christianity never even tried to exclude the p ...[text shortened]... t is apparently necessary to sign up to this mad parallel universe as a condition of membership.
    Not for me. 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree