1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 14:43
    Vacation update failed
    You must move in all games at risk of timeout before your vacation ends. Please book additional days accordingly.
    Vacation for 2014
    This system is not operational until 2007-03-14
    You have not selected a vacation period.

December 2014
    Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

I attempted to book Dec 25-31st
    Nice feature I am not going to be able to use
    Thanks
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 15:491 edit
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis

I attempted to book Dec 25-31st
    Nice feature I am not going to be able to use
    Thanks[/b]
    Have you used this feature before?
    I'm just curious since I have never tried it but I just now booked vacation for the same dates you mentioned and it appears to be working. The vacation icon will not appear yet since it doesn't start until the 25th, GMT.

<edit> I have just managed to duplicate the message that you received by clicking the "book" button again after having clicked it the first time. The booked dates are still shown as highlighted on the December calender so it probably is still booked but that 'failed' message is confusing. I'm going to leave it booked on mine and see what happens tonight at midnight GMT which will be late afternoon for me.
  3. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 15:57
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Have you used this feature before?
    I'm just curious since I have never tried it before but I just now booked vacation for the same dates you mentioned and it appears to be working.
    The vacation icon will not appear yet since it doesn't start until the 25th, GMT.
    Thanks for the reply MW. Merry Christmas 🙂
    Yes, I've used in many times over the years without incident.
    I doubted that the problem was that I had games to move in. I made all my moves (didn't want to) and I still get the same alerts on the page.
  4. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 16:09
    I deleted the selected days, then added them again, now it's booked, sorry for the inconvenience, MW and Russ etc.
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 16:191 edit
    I have now managed to get the "Vacation update failed" message by clicking the "book" button when I did not select the dates for vacation, and for selecting a start date but no finish date, and for clicking it more than once after correctly selecting the start and end dates.

I now think I have it correctly set to start on the 25th because my selected vacation days are currently highlighted on the December calender, so it will be interesting to see what actually happens later today when it becomes midnight in Greenwich England. It shouldn't be too exciting. All that I should see is a vacation icon show up by my name.......

The warning about moving in all of your games is always displayed on that page and is just telling you to check your games for any that have timed out. If you have some then move before your vacation completion date expires. Otherwise it would allow an opponent to click the skull as soon as the vacation icon clears.
  6. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    24 Dec '14 17:03
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    I have now managed to get the "Vacation update failed" message by clicking the "book" button when I did not select the dates for vacation, and for selecting a start date but no finish date, and for clicking it more than once after correctly selecting the start and end dates.

I now think I have it correctly set to start on the 25th because my selected va ...[text shortened]... es. Otherwise it would allow an opponent to click the skull as soon as the vacation icon clears.
    That's the thing, I selected days, it showed up as days selected even with a new browser. Maybe I didn't hold my mouth right. 😕
    Thanks pal, Merry Christmas 😀
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 01:48
    Now I am confused.

According to my vacation settings page, I am currently on vacation.
    I do not see the vacation icon displayed anywhere for myself.
    I also created a short vacation message that is supposed to be prominently displayed on my profile page.
    I do no see that either.
    I know some things don't get updated right away here, so perhaps that is what is going on here.

Does anyone else see the icon by my username, or see a vacation message on my profile page?
    Thanks.
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 08:581 edit
    I can see your vacation icon now, if that information is any help to you. And also the profile page message. Maybe you just had to wait for Greenwich midnight.
  9. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    25 Dec '14 13:28
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I can see your vacation icon now, if that information is any help to you. And also the profile page message. Maybe you just had to wait for Greenwich midnight.
    Thanks Kewpie. Yes, I can also see it now and the vacation message appears on my profile page.

Greenwich midnight was at about 5pm or 1700 for me and I had checked it several times after that and it had never appeared then. Anyway it shows up all over the place this morning.

I had never used the vacation feature and I usually would not have even wondered about it, but decided to play with it in order to help the OP figure out if there was a problem or not. I see that his vacation flag is now flying as well so I guess everything is fine!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree