1. Joined
    23 May '13
    Moves
    25 Mar '14 00:27
    My tournament rating is about 150 points above my regular playing level. I guess I must have had a "lucky" win or two against a high-ranked player back when I first joined and so I am punished by never being able to enter a tournament in a range that approximates my actual abilities. Thus, I generally get eliminated very early in the tournament. It isn't much fun.

Short of dropping my subscription and then subscribing again under a different user name, is there any way to get a new tournament rating?

That idea would work I suppose, but it doesn't seem too ethical and I'd prefer a more upfront method. If I do come back as a ""different person," I suppose I'd have to be careful not to chance beating a highly ranked opponent. That just doesn't seem right to me.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    25 Mar '14 14:28
    Originally posted by hopeless6
    My tournament rating is about 150 points above my regular playing level. I guess I must have had a "lucky" win or two against a high-ranked player back when I first joined and so I am punished by never being able to enter a tournament in a range that approximates my actual abilities. Thus, I generally get eliminated very early in the tournament. It isn't ...[text shortened]... be careful not to chance beating a highly ranked opponent. That just doesn't seem right to me.
    your TER is minimum 100 points below the highest rating in a year. So in August things will calm down...
  3. Joined
    23 May '13
    Moves
    26 Mar '14 05:26
    But I really don't want to wait 5 more months. i guess perhaps the less honorable method may be the only real solution if I have no other way to remedy an unfair situation. There isn't much fun in getting beat up over and over.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree