1. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 18:152 edits
    This member @Chesswick has had several games set up as one move checkmates vs the same opponent,
    here are just a few of them:

Game 4774741
    Game 4774747
    Game 4746885
    Game 4643974
    Game 4643971
    Game 4640182
    Game 4636650

There are many more, but it does appear that none of them are rated, so at least there's no rating inflation,
    but I did find it rather interesting.

Also, this person has an unusually high percentage of losses by timeout,
    weighing in at over 55% of all rated games,
    but also with 15% of wins by timeout means that 70% of all his/her games involved a skull crush!?

I got a challenge by this member (3/7 time control), which I accepted, and the game seemed to be progressing until he/she stopped moving, I messaged him/her a warning to say I would claim if I didn't hear back within a couple days, but didn't get anything back:
    Game 10891055

After taking what appears to be a 6 year hiatus from RHP, this person returns to start losing by timeout again...
    Why even play correspondence chess when you're often not willing to complete a game?

It boggles the mind... I need a drink.

EDIT: I sincerely hope it's not due to personal reasons, poor health etc,
    or perhaps faulty internet connection (I'm looking at you, Time Warner)
  2. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    03 Dec '14 19:47
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain
    This member @Chesswick has had several games set up as one move checkmates vs the same opponent,
    here are just a few of them:

Game 4774741
    Game 4774747
    Game 4746885
    Game 4643974
    Game 4643971
    Game 4640182
    Game 4636650

There are many more, but it does appear that none of them are rated, so at least ...[text shortened]... asons, poor health etc,
    or perhaps faulty internet connection (I'm looking at you, Time Warner)
    Can't be bothered with the him/her thing but here goes.
    Seems this guy originally just wanted to set up mate in ones for the chgibbs character to solve.It doesn't look like it was 2 way either as all the old games were set up by chesswick.
    I am guessing from time to time he likes to play properly(particularly after chgibbs stopped responding) but then gets fed up although he took the time to write a detailed profile originally.
    Alternately it could be a time thing or , as you say an intermittent internet connection.
    It'll be interesting to see if he takes on more games during the period just introduced where a non sub can play 12 games as opposed to 6
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 13:401 edit
    Originally posted by 64squaresofpain

Also, this person has an unusually high percentage of losses by timeout,
    weighing in at over 55% of all rated games,
    but also with 15% of wins by timeout means that 70% of all his/her games involved a skull crush!?
    No it means that 55% of their losses were by timeout and 15% of their wins were by timeout. If you want a correct percentage of their total timeouts from their game database you add the wins/losses by timeout together and use their total games to get the percentage..

Chesswick has played 211 rated games. 211/100=2.11 (assuming all the timeouts are from rated games)
    wins by timeout=18
    Losses by timeout=45 +
    =63

63 / 2.11 = 29.85% of games ended in timeout.
  4. Subscriber64squaresofpain
    The drunk knight
    Stuck on g1
    Moves
    04 Dec '14 17:46
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    No it means that 55% of their losses were by timeout and 15% of their wins were by timeout. If you want a correct percentage of their total timeouts from their game database you add the wins/losses by timeout together and use their total games to get the percentage..

Chesswick has played 211 rated games. 211/100=2.11 (assuming all the ti ...[text shortened]... wins by timeout=18
    Losses by timeout=45 +
    =63

63 / 2.11 = 29.85% of games ended in timeout.
    Oh I see yes, thanks for clearing that up 🙂
    At least someone uses their noggin' around here lol

It's still a big % for losses though isn't it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree