1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 18:191 edit
    Someone gave me a Digiland 7" tablet that runs on Android and I use Chrome. I can move pieces when it's my turn, but clicking on the submit button doesn't do anything and the move doesn't "take". Ideas? I can submit comments on forums, obviously, or you wouldn't be reading this. 🙂
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Jan '15 23:05
    Originally posted by JS357
    Someone gave me a Digiland 7" tablet that runs on Android and I use Chrome. I can move pieces when it's my turn, but clicking on the submit button doesn't do anything and the move doesn't "take". Ideas? I can submit comments on forums, obviously, or you wouldn't be reading this. 🙂
    I've been having the same problem for a while now, using a 3-year-old 10" Acer Android with a native (safari?) browser. Normal RHP PTIG fullsize website, not any mobile app. Clicking on Submit sets the tab to "loading" but the blue line that normally runs across the screen header only goes about an inch and then hangs. My workaround consists of: Stop, Refresh, Re-move, Re-submit. Repeat up to 4 times before it works. It's easier to walk to the PC if I'm making more than a couple of moves, and forget about ingame messaging! The drag'n'drop thing mostly works, but sometimes takes an incredible amount of time before it displays the second square colour.

This started happening around the time Russ was making changes to the UI, I didn't know whether it was that or just the age of my tablet. Now you've answered that part of it, it's the site, not me or my gadget.

Over to you, Russ.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 05:24
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    I've been having the same problem for a while now, using a 3-year-old 10" Acer Android with a native (safari?) browser. Normal RHP PTIG fullsize website, not any mobile app. Clicking on Submit sets the tab to "loading" but the blue line that normally runs across the screen header only goes about an inch and then hangs. My workaround consists of: Stop, Refr ...[text shortened]... . Now you've answered that part of it, it's the site, not me or my gadget.

Over to you, Russ.
    I'm surprised there is no RHP management response. Should I be? After all, their site doesn't work on some platforms.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 05:46
    I am too, maybe they're on holidays or something. I've thought about trying the android app but I hate the mangled app versions of things, I'd rather stick with the main page if I can.
  5. Standard memberSmiffy
    SPS CLAN
    Wales
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 06:42
    Maybe sent feedback for a response. Maybe they are away.
  6. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    09 Jan '15 17:53
    I'm not aware of any problems, but I tend to test on the more common (and more recent).

I'll take another look today on older and current kit.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 11:021 edit
    I can't replicate this problem, but I would recommend on older Android builds you install Google Chrome browser and stop using the stock browser,
    which is the most likely cause of these problems.

Search the Play store for it...it is free.
  8. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    10 Jan '15 16:49
    Originally posted by Russ
    I can't replicate this problem, but I would recommend on older Android builds you install Google Chrome browser and stop using the stock browser,
    which is the most likely cause of these problems.

Search the Play store for it...it is free.
    As my OP stated, I am using Chrome. The tablet is new.

It's really not a big deal anyway.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree