1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 12:545 edits

Any stings white could have done to reverse this? I know he should have seen the loss of the bishop at move #12 or rook early one and I don't know why he let me have the rook later on, oversights?
    29 .... Qc1 so if he took my rook, he would have lost his queen to Qd1+

But Qc1 also threatened check at e3, covered by my knight so he was in real trouble at that point so he chose to take the knight with queen rather than let me have that e3 check.
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 16:18
    I've played Ellis Burke many times- he is definitely a scrapper! Plays to win, with draws only occurring when he runs out of ammo!
  3. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 16:27
    It really does look like white could somehow promote a pawn at the end there. It's really hard to see how though. I really wish the site allowed you to open an analysis board from a forum post!
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '14 22:571 edit
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    It really does look like white could somehow promote a pawn at the end there. It's really hard to see how though. I really wish the site allowed you to open an analysis board from a forum post!
    You can by going to the persons archives if you have the game number. It would be nice to have that feature in the forums though. Maybe a suggestion for Russ?

I have played Ellis at least ten times and only now am one game up, we have split win/loss and only one draw but I pulled ahead by one as of now. New game going on as we speak though.

He certainly is a scrapper! must say, he does not give up unless there is no hope! He came close to getting a pawn rammed through but I think he lost it when he gave away the rook.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 10:513 edits
    Originally posted by Marinkatomb
    I posted that to the ideas forum and Russ PM'd me with this: you can do it by going [analyze]1092558[/analyze} I changed the right side parentheses to show how to do it, just use the boxy one, that way it won't just go to the game, which I will do for real now:

Analyze Game 10925558

BTW, russ just PM'd me again, saying he just added that feature a few minutes ago🙂 So this is the very first use of it and I can see it works as advertised!
  6. Joined
    08 Apr '09
    Moves
    10 Dec '14 12:341 edit
    Edit: moved to the other thread by sonhouse.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree