1. Joined
    03 Apr '14
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 03:04
    How many versions of this book have you seen besides Everyman's? Did a new version ever come out years later after the first to correct all or most of the errors in the first?

I'm planning on getting this book and I want to get the best version. After all, this is the book that influenced the current world champion the most as he was growing up.
  2. SubscriberPaul Leggett
    Chess Librarian
    The Stacks
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 05:49
    Originally posted by feucav64
    After all, this is the book that influenced the current world champion the most as he was growing up.
    I did not know this- very interesting! I have Kramnik Move By Move, and I plan to get to it this fall hopefully.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 Jul '14 13:151 edit
    How many versions of this book have you seen besides Everyman's? Did a new version ever come out years later after the first to correct all or most of the errors in the first?

I'm planning on getting this book and I want to get the best version. After all, this is the book that influenced the current world champion the most as he was growing up.
    Do you happen to know the scores between the two now? I presume the student has passed the teacher by this time.
  4. Joined
    03 Apr '14
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 22:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Do you happen to know the scores between the two now? I presume the student has passed the teacher by this time.
    Even! Carlsen Vs. Vladimir Kramnik: +4−4=12

Take a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Carlsen#Head-to-head_record_versus_selected_grandmasters
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Aug '14 10:461 edit
    Even! Carlsen Vs. Vladimir Kramnik: +4−4=12

Take a look here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnus_Carlsen#Head-to-head_record_versus_selected_grandmasters
    Interesting, but if that was the final score in a wc match, Carlsen would retain the title, right?
  6. Joined
    03 Apr '14
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 20:02
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Interesting, but if that was the final score in a wc match, Carlsen would retain the title, right?
    Kramnik's time to retire is just around the corner. Kramnik challenging Carlsen for the throne is completely out of the question. Plus, Kramnik is more of an artist than a competitor. After he took the title from Garry he wasn't interested in being the #1 player in the world; he was simply content with being World Champion...
  7. Joined
    03 Apr '14
    Moves
    25 Aug '14 20:04
    I came across this version on amazon that is hard to find anywhere else. It's a hardcover, which makes it more attractive.

Hardcover: 304 pages
    Publisher: Littlehampton Book Services Ltd; 2nd Revised edition edition (April 2001)
    Language: English
    ISBN-10: 1857442881
    ISBN-13: 978-1857442885
    Shipping Weight: 1.7 pounds

So, my question for you is: Does this version really exist?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree