16 Apr '15 14:371 edit
  2. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 17:16
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEVlyP4_11M
    Interesting information, but could have been condensed to about 20% of the time frame, had this silly TV host not tried so hard to be funny too many times.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 18:30
    Originally posted by bill718
    Interesting information, but could have been condensed to about 20% of the time frame, had this silly TV host not tried so hard to be funny too many times.
    I agree. Oliver just isn't very funny, though his actual content is usually very interesting and well researched. He was quite funny on the Daily Show when he hosted it, but that could because he had Stewart's writers backing him. If Oliver ' s quips were at least funny, then maybe it would be welcome.

Maybe Oliver has to simply trust that his viewers aren't children that need a joke every sixty seconds to stay interested.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Apr '15 18:44
    I like Last Week Tonight for its content more than the jokes. It would be even better if he cut down on the jokes. He addresses issues that don't seem to get addressed by anyone else - despite the name of the series suggesting he is following up on the weeks news.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 08:32
    Originally posted by vivify
    I agree. Oliver just isn't very funny, though his actual content is usually very interesting and well researched. He was quite funny on the Daily Show when he hosted it, but that could because he had Stewart's writers backing him. If Oliver ' s quips were at least funny, then maybe it would be welcome.

Maybe Oliver has to simply trust that his viewers aren't children that need a joke every sixty seconds to stay interested.
    yes, i agree, one must be a fan of oliver's humor or at least be able to tolerate it. if you are able to do that, his pieces of investigative journalism are very well made. he talked about nuclear weapons, scotland independence, beauty pageants shenanigans, and many more.

as a side note, i happen to find his brand of humor very funny and i find him funnier now that he has his own show. jon stewart is very good but some of his writers are too rough.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 08:53
    Has anything changed since Snowden broke the news about government spying? Any chances in policy or internal investigations geared toward changing out at least reducing government spying on U.S. citizens?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 11:25
    Originally posted by vivify
    Has anything changed since Snowden broke the news about government spying? Any chances in policy or internal investigations geared toward changing out at least reducing government spying on U.S. citizens?
    on US citizens? You guys are spying on everyone's citizens.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree