1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 02:40
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/24/john-boehner-threatens-to-sue-president-barack-obama/

Many here may think that I would be happy that the Speaker of the House is threatening to sue President Obama for his "lawless acts". However, I have taken the opposite position. What exactly does John Boehner hope to accomplish with the law suite other than nothing?

No, if Boehner says that the President is lawless, then he should take steps to impeach him. Unfortunately, he has already stated that impeachment is "off the table".

As far as I'm concerned, John Boehner, and people like him are responsible for Obama's lawless actions because they help enable him. He should be impeached right along side the President.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 04:34
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/06/24/john-boehner-threatens-to-sue-president-barack-obama/

Many here may think that I would be happy that the Speaker of the House is threatening to sue President Obama for his "lawless acts". However, I have taken the opposite position. What exactly does John Boehner hope to accomplish with the law suite other than ...[text shortened]... ss actions because they help enable him. He should be impeached right along side the President.
    I am not sure that one can legally sue a President while he is still in office. I believe if Boehner does, it can not be heard in court until he leaves office. I believe I heard something like that before. I believe Obama can only be impeached, not sued, at the present time.
  3. Standard memberbill718
    Enigma
    Seattle
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 07:271 edit

Many here may think that I would be happy that the Speaker of the House is threatening to sue President Obama for his "lawless acts". However, I have taken the opposite position. What exactly does John Boehner hope to accomplish with the law suite other than ...[text shortened]... ss actions because they help enable him. He should be impeached right along side the President.
    Yes Whodey, we've heard it all before. Anytime you disagree with the President, he must be impeached...right? 😴😴😴
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 12:38
    Originally posted by bill718
    Yes Whodey, we've heard it all before. Anytime you disagree with the President, he must be impeached...right? 😴😴😴
    This is not about whether the President is guilty bill, this is about making allegations of that guilt and not taking appropriate actions.

If you were in Boehner's position and you said that the president was lawless, would you not have an obligation to seek impeachment?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 17:33
    This is not about whether the President is guilty bill, this is about making allegations of that guilt and not taking appropriate actions.

If you were in Boehner's position and you said that the president was lawless, would you not have an obligation to seek impeachment?
    The only way I can see that impeachment might work is if the Republicans take both houses of congress this next election.
  6. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 17:44

I'm lost. You say Obama should be impeached, but then you say it is not about whether he is guilty or not. Say what?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '14 17:56
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    I'm lost. You say Obama should be impeached, but then you say it is not about whether he is guilty or not. Say what?
    The issue here is that the Speaker of the House has made the allegation that the President is not following the law.

If he has the gonads to accuse the President, then I would think he has the duty to try and impeach him.

This slinging poo at each other only makes a mockery of the checks and balances.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree