1. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 07:14
    Sorry if this seems US-centric. You are invited to adapt to whatever entity correlates where you are.

But is the ACLU good for America? Why/why not? Interested in knowing from those of all political persuasions.

I think it is.
  2. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 10:58
    Originally posted by JS357
    Sorry if this seems US-centric. You are invited to adapt to whatever entity correlates where you are.

But is the ACLU good for America? Why/why not? Interested in knowing from those of all political persuasions.

I think it is.
    https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security-human-rights/guantanamo-diary-epic-our-times

Getting Americans interested in human rights would be a great idea for the rest of the world.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 12:58
    Originally posted by finnegan
    https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-security-human-rights/guantanamo-diary-epic-our-times

Getting Americans interested in human rights would be a great idea for the rest of the world.
    Yeah the US should take a lesson from China, North Korea, Iran, Saudi Arabia, etc, they have much to teach the Americans about human rights violations.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    21 Jan '15 14:12
    Originally posted by JS357

I think it is.
    I don't always agree with the ACLU, but I think it's nice that someone is serving as a watchdog on potential human rights violations. We can always just ignore them when they're wrong (as they often are), but in most cases, a civilian check against the power of the state is a good thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree