1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 15:35
    I posted a login that I always used, I thought was correct but it got bumped, incorrect password.

So I have my password stored and I can log in using that but how do I figure out what the password actually is?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 15:38
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I posted a login that I always used, I thought was correct but it got bumped, incorrect password.

So I have my password stored and I can log in using that but how do I figure out what the password actually is?
    I think the way forward is the option "reset password". You can't actually retrieve your passwrod as far as I know. But you can set your password again, after having reset it and got a use once one by the site.
  3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    17 Apr '15 18:57
    Yes, you will need to do a reset - passwords cannot be retrieved.
  4. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 06:03

Refer to the postit note inside the cover of your hardback copy of "A Brief History of Time"

😲 Or is that just me?
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 11:38
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Refer to the postit note inside the cover of your hardback copy of "A Brief History of Time"

😲 Or is that just me?
    Post-It's (R) with passwords or password hints are very common. My colleague writes them down in his old calendar...I am a Post-It(R) man myself 🙂
  6. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 13:201 edit

Are you using firefox? If yes, go to tools/options/security/saved passwords/ show passwords.
    You will see a list of passwords that are saved for all of your internet sites, and will also have the option to see them.

I don't know what other browsers have but they may have a similar option.
  7. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    20 Apr '15 15:55
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    Are you using firefox? If yes, go to tools/options/security/saved passwords/ show passwords.
    You will see a list of passwords that are saved for all of your internet sites, and will also have the option to see them.

I don't know what other browsers have but they may have a similar option.
    I could have phrased this differently.
    You will see a list of sites for which passwords are saved, and you will have the option to see the actual password.

There, that's a little better.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree