1. Joined
    22 Mar '14
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 20:08
    Is there any rule whereby one player Can Decide to opt out of a Rated Game without Affecting The Ratings Because he realised that he had accepted offer of One Move in 7 Days Game, Because The Other Person Literally moves once a day ?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 20:561 edit
    Originally posted by jimm
    Is there any rule whereby one player Can Decide to opt out of a Rated Game without Affecting The Ratings Because he realised that he had accepted offer of One Move in 7 Days Game, Because The Other Person Literally moves once a day ?
    Either player can delete a game without penalty or rating changes until the second move is completed by black. After that the option to delete the game is gone. This does not apply to tournament games.
  3. Joined
    22 Mar '14
    Moves
    05 Apr '14 21:55
    Thank you for the Information.
    I am just curious to know the Reasoning behind it, being the 2nd & Not the 3rd or 4th Move by Black ?
  4. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    06 Apr '14 00:34
    There has to be a cut-off somewhere, I imagine the 2-moves was chosen because it's early enough so that the relative strengths of the players would not yet be visible.
  5. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    06 Apr '14 09:04
    I believe it's because Black's second move is the earliest that a checkmate can occur - so-called "Fool's Mate". It's impossible to win before then, so there is the option to delete the game.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree