22 Aug '14 00:23
    http://www.chessgames.com/perl/chessgame?gid=1243043

from London, 1927, Palau v Kalabar
  2. New Braunfels, Texas
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 03:15
    Lol!

From down in the comments:

Luis Palau was editor of Revista Ajedrez (Buenos Aires, Argentina) until his death. In an article he offered his memories about this game: Kalabar was a young man, who paid more attention to some postcards than to the board, so he pushed the pieces in a careless way. For that reason, Kalabar took his King instead of the Queen to support the black bishop, and in the same way attemped to capture the white bishop with the K. Suddenly became aware of the mistake, and resigned the game. Palau did not offered to take back the move, because they were playing in a national team tournament.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Aug '14 14:10
    Originally posted by MontyMoose
    Lol!

From down in the comments:

Luis Palau was editor of Revista Ajedrez (Buenos Aires, Argentina) until his death. In an article he offered his memories about this game: Kalabar was a young man, who paid more attention to some postcards than to the board, so he pushed the pieces in a careless way. For that reason, Kalabar took his King instead of ...[text shortened]... did not offered to take back the move, because they were playing in a national team tournament.
    What about Kasparov and his lightning quick retraction after touching a knight against Polgar, that was being filmed! She could have forced him to make the move but declined because of his status. I saw the film. He touched the piece for sure, but he had lightning fast reflexes and his hand FLEW back from the piece, and Polgar's face showed the shock, clearly she saw him touch the piece and withdraw. It would have lost instantly if she had called him on it.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 16:10
    The game was on my database. Short and sweet anyway.
  5. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 19:58
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    The game was on my database. Short and sweet anyway.[pgn][Event "?"] [Site "London ENG"] [Date "1927.??.??"] [Round "?"] [White "Palau, Luis"] [Black "Kalabar, Sadi"] [Result "1-0"] [ECO "E11g"] 1.d4 Nf6 2.c4 e6 3.Nf3 Bb4+ 4.Bd2 Ke7 5.Bxb4+ 1-0[/pgn]
    Black's 5th move is the shocker.

... Kxb4 😉

Some say he tried to play that before resigning!
  6. Standard memberMarinkatomb
    wotagr8game
    tbc
    Moves
    24 Aug '14 22:14
    How about this effort from a 2000 players v Super GM Richard Rapport. I believe the word *spanking* applies in it's raw form..

7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Sep '14 15:27
    Doubtful.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree